Reasons I Hate The Seasons

Percy-

We walked into the house, where their Mom was. I figured maybe I can't see Tyson or my dad. But that doesn't mean they have to be the same way.

Their mom left about 45 minutes later. They all for presents from her. Small. But it was something. Cards and home baked sweets.

"What about your dad?" Zariach asked me. "Isn't he coming?"

I shake my head.

"Nope." I told my younger step brother. "Maybe next year."

The twins went to bed around midnight. Exhausted. And it was Christmas Eve. So Santa, right?

I looked at the clock. Same every year.

2:26 AM 12/25

The exact time Bianca died. The same day Tyson... Yeah.

Tyson died at 12:12 AM on Christmas 2 years ago.

"Merry Christmas." Adalade told me. Emalie was coming around noon. She spent the Eve with her family.

"Yeah..." I wondered in my mind. "Merry Christmas..."

"You okay?" She asks me. "I mean, you're obviously not Christian, but you didn't seem to really like Christmas. At all."

I bit my lip.

"I usually don't celebrate it." I told her. "Haven't for years. Its not the holiday. Its the day."

"Why?" She asked me. "What happened?"

"My brother died." I tell her. "Two years ago, December 25. We were in the middle of opening presents and my dad called. My brother was dead from a stupid car accident. A few years before that my friends sister died in Christmas and a few weeks after Christmas about 4 years ago one of my best friends got decapitated. Finding my brother dead, when my dad told me, was the last time I spoke to him."

I bit my lip, covering my mouth. Trying not to cry in front of my step sister.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Emalie-

On my way over to Percy's I noticed a car crash and three bodies came out of it dead and two alive.

Alive were Zendaya and Jayden, two of Paul's siblings. Dead was Sally, Paul and some other dude from Nebraska.

I get to Percy's place and Percy was in the shower but I pulled the others aside and told them what I saw. They sti have their Mom to go to. Wasn't the worst thing in the world. But it sucked.

"Who's telling Percy?" Perseus asked.

"Nose goes!" Adalade started.

"Nose goes!" The twins say at once.

"Fuck." I said.

"Suggestion." Adalade says. "Be nice about it."

"Duh." I told my girlfriend.

"No, seriously." She tells me. "His brother died on Christmas a few years ago. He's not in a Christmas mood already. Somebody else died on Christmas, too. A friend I think."

I take the advice and I tell him.

He didn't leave his room the rest of the day.

"What about his dad?" Perseus said. "Where's he at?"

We all shrug.

"They haven't spoke ever since his brother died" Adalade told her brother "when he was told his brother was dead."

"How long ago was that?" I asked.

"2 years." She answers. "Why?"

"I think I could get him here." I tell everyone. "I mean, I got my family for the holidays, you guys got your mom. He's the one that pulled a short stick."

"Yeah." Zariach said. "In life. And luck."

Gods always have a meeting on Christmas.

I IM my dad. Knowing he'd answer. He never hasn't for me at least.

"Emalie." My father said. "Merry Christmas. What's up?"

"Have you guys had the meeting yet?" I asked my father.

"No." He told me. "Its in like 10 minutes. Why do you ask?"

I explain to him the situation with Percy.

"I'll talk to his dad about it." My dad told me. "And if not, I'll get somebody there."

"Alright, thanks, Dad." I said. "Merry Christmas."

"Merry Christmas." He agreed, ending the call.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Ares-

"You know I can't." Poseidon told me after our yearly meeting.

"Bullshit." I tell Poseidon. "I talk to my kids all the time. Sally is dead, Poseidon. Percy's only family anymore. With out you there he's alone because Paul's kids will be taken away and restrained from any Jackson to ever live."

"Poseidon you're just making up shit so you don't have to face your kid." Hades told him.

"Am not!" He said.

"Yes you are." I tell him. "It might suck to see our kids hurt. But you suck it up and talk to them, like a parent. We may be gods, but were still parents. Lately, we've been pretty shitty ones. If you don't go, I will. We owe the kid a lot more than a visit to lift his spirits."

"True story." Hades said. "Him and Luke and the Seven are the reasons were still here. Alive."

Hades went. He had an idea in mind. I have a feeling it involves either of Annabeth or Tyson or Sally.