s t y l e s

awoop

if you've read jjk some of this will remind you of a certain someone

~-~-~-~

"Harry Styles"  

Fury.

 Is what he feels. A part of him wants to fly away. A part of him which makes his tongue taste bitter and makes acid rise in his throat. 

But the other part of him fights it.  He thinks of the families of the victims and considers how it is now Louis' duty to provide them with something close to justice.

But then he thinks of his own family. The walls splashed with blood, the screams and the sobs and worse of all, the silence that followed. The silence which still tiptoes up into his bones and rests inside his rib cage taunts his heart for yelling and screaming and-

"Niall, are you fucking kidding me?" The anger he's trying to hide flows out as he jumps out from his seat.

"Lou, listen-" Niall tries, getting up and taking Louis' hands in his own, trying to make him listen and it makes him more infuriated. He pulls his hands away with a frown on his face.

"You assign me the case of the man who butchered my family?" Louis is trying to calm down but the memories come back to him, each one more haunting than the other.

Niall's eyes seem to soften, just for a millisecond before he sits back down in his chair, beckoning Louis to do the same.

And he gives Niall a chance to explain before he slaps him on the mouth. 

"You know, how all these years you've tried to achieve closure? About.." He pauses, sighs. 

And Louis stops his racing brain, ignores his racing heart and thinks how Niall appears to be fighting himself like he's trying to convince himself giving Louis this case is right, more than he's trying to convince Louis. And then it hits him. He's gotten this order from the higher-ups. Niall is merely a messenger. How Niall, who's always all business and unwavering is hesitating.

"Fuck, Lou. We've never gotten this close to catching that asshole. And naturally, they want you to do it, since you're one of, if not the strongest. They don't know about you & Styles', er, history. I can try to change their mind but. You know how it goes. I doubt that piece of information will change their geezer old hearts. There's a chance they'll give it to someone else but...someone else will blow it."

All the anger he was feeling has now turned into nothing but despair. Droplets of misery run in his veins and his chest feels like it's being shot over and over again.

Harry Styles killed his father, a person of his family. Right in front of him. 

And he looked proud. There wasn't even a hint of remorse when his green poison eyes looked into Louis's own, smiling as father's head hit the floor. 

He slumps back in his chair, closing his eyes, ignoring the stares of the few workers that have now entered the café for their morning shift, being shot his way.

Then a new feeling arises, it's not exactly anger and not hatred but not peace.

It tastes something like revenge.

So he gets back up, like he always does. He straightens his back and looks into Niall's thoughtful blue eyes and nods.

"I take it. I take the case. I want to catch that motherfucker and kill him with my own hands."

He expects Niall to maybe laugh as he nods and takes all the files from him and waves him goodbye, but now all the excitement that was seen on Niall's face has left. It's replaced with a forced smile.