Chapter 21: Party's On And Say No To Alcoholism Part 2

3rd Person

It's 7pm at the Mercury-Deacon residence and all the guest so far are having a lovely time welcoming them into their new home. Freddie being such a natural party person was lavish around the people he had met, John however, was indeed the nervous type. He did make some conversation around newer people, but the reason he was shy the way he was is because unfortunately Brian and Roger did not attend, he was still confused as to why. A stranger had eventually mentioned that Brian had kicked Roger out for a few months because of infidelity. This made John even more of a nervous train wreck than he was before, he had to sit out on the couch.

Freddie noticed his boyfriend sitting there and excused himself. He took John by the hand and lead them to their bedroom. "What's going on with you, handsome?", he asked in a concerning tone. "Oh, still quite a bit introverted if you even understand that.", John hummed in response. "Oh my darling, you really need to loosen yourself up a little. Listen I understand that I said no to you having alcohol in the house, but it's a strict boundary I've set if we're going to be together." The elder nuzzled close to Deaky lovingly.

"It's not just that...I'm kinda worried about-"

"I know, baby!", Fred immediately interrupted, "Don't worry, they're gonna be okay." He stroked his boyfriend's cheek in reassurance, "Do you want to go back out and meet some new friends?" "I guess I could, I'm just shy, Fred, you know that. And I fear that some of my coworkers may be here.", Deaks muttered.

"I see. And are a bit nervous about-"

"The two month retreat, of course I am, Freddie. It's gonna be really hard rarely seeing you for two months...and we just got together not that long ago.", John spurred. "I know we've just met....but to me it feels like I've known you forever. You'll do great, I promise.", Freddie pressed a gentle kiss on the other boy's cheek. "I promise we'll catch up after I'm clean.", John responded lightheartedly.

"Don't worry about that, doll. Worry about getting yourself clear of alcohol first.", Fred chuckled, "Now let's get back out there and have some fun, they're waiting on us, darling!"

-John's POV-

It's hours later after the party, apparently I did attempt to let myself go because Freddie suggested that in his words, I should party until I turn purple. It was fun after all, a few of the guests indeed help us clean up the place. And with being a big spender that he really is, he tipped the remaining guests about £40 each as a thank you. I watched as sky outside had turned to dusk, sitting quietly on the porch and thinking about the possible outcomes of this whole....retreat thing.

I've read some terrible news about facilities that help alcholics face their addiction. Some came out still addicited to it, staff mentally abusing their clients to the point where they had to seek help elsewhere, it rarely ever got physical according to a recent paper I've read one day. I fear everything about it for the next two months, but even though I just got myself into a relationship with Freddie, I'm gonna have start fresh for him. I do love him already. I felt a tap on my shoulder suddenly.

"C'mon, darling, it's getting dark. We should go get comfortable and maybe put on a movie.", I heard him gently say to me. I nodded and followed him back inside the house and up to our room.

I have a feeling that it's gonna be a very long night.