vi. 💫

[warning: sensitive topics, use of the f slur]

[ʜᴀʀʀʏ]

Two Days Later

It had been two days since we had our last "session". We had gotten into a fight later that night, and he hadn't talked to me since; he only came back to bring me food and give me clothes to change into.

I was flipping through a magazine he had brought me when he entered the room, closing the door behind him and leaning against it. I didn't stop slipping the pages, I didn't even look at him. I assumed he was just making sure I was alive. There was no need for me to pay him any attention until he spoke up.

"I need to talk to you. Will you listen to me?"

I didn't look up. "Well as long as it doesn't take longer than an hour. I have a dinner date scheduled."

"Sarcasm, huh. Thought that was my card?"

"I thought you wanted to say something meaningful, guess we were both wrong."

He seemed to slouch, shoulders slumping.

"I want to talk more about it."

"You sure? You told me you never wanted to speak another word to me. Remember?"

He nodded softly, brown fringe flopping over his eyes before being pushed back by a gentle hand.

"I know, but I still have to try and convince you."

"Yeah, I hear you Lou." I said, waving him off.

He sighed and shook his head. "I don't want to be heard. I want to be listened to."

I put the magazine down, finally, and looked up him. I crossed my arms over my chest and crossed my legs.

"I don't think that's going to happen. After the fight, Lou, you're temper is just-"

"It's what, Harold? Out of control? Yeah, maybe it is."

"I didn't deserve what you did. I was trying to help."

"What I almost did." He corrected, I rolled my eyes. "Trying to help? By calling me that awful word?"

I cringed, remembering it slipping past my lips.

x

The last two slices of pizza laid discarded in the box, the pepper that came in the corner thrown across the room from a silly attempt made by Lou to get Harry to eat it.

They were both lying on the floor. Harry beside the bed and Lou beside the door. They laid the opposite directions, both staring mindlessly at the ceiling. They had spent the afternoon doing their usual; Lou had told a little bit (nothing to get them anywhere much), and Harry had listened as long as Lou could go.

Lou had gotten a tight throat and said "maybe tomorrow, yeah?" to which Harry had let out a simple "yeah." Then, Lou proceeded to order a pizza and bring it down, along with a bottle of wine. He said he had had it far too long and needed to empty it one way or another.

They shared the bottle, each of them having a good amount of glasses. Harry was more of a lightweight and therefore got drunk faster. He was bordering tipsy and drunk while Lou was bordering tipsy and sober.

Somehow sexuality got brought back up, Harry expressing that he felt no need to put a label on his sexuality, and that he was simply a "lover". Lou once again stated that he was gay, just for the sake of equal sharing.

"I had a girlfriend for a long time, and when we broke up I got a boyfriend. I had more boyfriends after that, don't think I ever went back to girls." Harry had stated, Lou giggled.