The Meeting

You start the morning off normally, finding food, morning chores, and sun bathing.
Around late afternoon your brother comes running up "y/n! someone new landed on our shores. "im pretty sure they come from the forests across the ocean!" he shakes you.
"Ok?" you whine "did you really have to wake me up for that?". He shakes you more, "come with me to see the new comer!" he basically yells at you.
"OK, OK fine i will". You get up and start following your brother down the abstract rope paths that are hanging over the water.
When you both reach the beach you find the strange person surrounded by your tribe members.
Watching them you got nervous, your brother picking up on this asks if you want to leave, you say no and continue watching.
Since your mom knows everyone and everything she volunteered you to show the new arrival around, you silently sigh and then walk up to the newcomer.
'Hi, im y/n, nice to meet you'.
Jake looks you up and down. 'Im Jake, the pleasure is all mine' he smiles.
After a quick greeting you show him where to put his companion and then go off to show him where he is going to stay.
'Is there someone going to show me around tomorrow?' he question's.
'if you want i might be able to.' you replied.
'sure' he smiles 'good night y/n'.
'goodnight Jake'. You walk off wondering why he decided to come to the water tribe to live, what he was running from and why.
You get ready for bed and are about to sleep then you hear something from outside, your ears perk up, you wonder closer following the noise.
"hello? i can hear you, come out' you loudly whisper. no one answers so you continue to look around until Jake pops out from around the corner.
'Why are you out here so late? do you need something?' you frown. 'I feel like im being watched' Jake whispers as he turns around to face the water. 'If im being honest you probably are, the creatures here can be curious to new smells'. 'Oh, well. I cant sleep' he sits down putting his feet in the water.
You go to sit down with him 'i dont know what to do about that unfortunately'. He sigh's, 'I should try to sleep now, good night y/n.' he gets up. 'Good night Jake' you stay sitting down and listen to his footsteps leaving.