The Expectations

Saturday afternoon, pick out a book, get comfortable on the sofa, and immerse yourself for hours in whatever journey you were about to embark on. Who knows where you'd end up? Fighting dragons, in a thrilling murder mystery, a sci-fi action thriller, or a-

"Ninja George, we need your help once again!"

"I can't. I promised I would never raise my fists again!"

Anais looked up from her book. What are those two up to now?

She got up and walked over to the kitchen window, peering out of it, and saw Gumball and Darwin recording some dumb movie they were making together.

"But Ninja George! Dr. Downer has captured your sister, Ninja Georgina!"

"Alright then. But first I need to train."

"Okay, and cut! Did you get that?" Gumball asked.

"I think so...wait, hang on, is the red light meant to be on when it's stopped recording?" She saw Penny ask from behind the camera. She was with them? Why?

"What!? Oh, don't tell me none of that recorded!" Gumball panicked.

"We've already deleted it by accident the first time! I don't wanna have to record it a third time!" Darwin complained.

Penny giggled. "It's alright, I'm just messing with you! It recorded fine."

"Oh, thank god!" Gumball placed his paw on his chest.

"Don't do that!" Darwin complained.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't resist!" She laughed. Gumball rolled his eyes and shook his head as she regained her composure. "So, what's the next scene anyway?" She asked.

"Uhh, Gumball fighting a cardboard dragon I think," Darwin replied.

"Ooh, sounds fun! Let me get a drink real quick whilst you guys set it up!"

"Alright!" Darwin smiled.

Anais looked down as she thought to herself,

That movie they were making did look like a lot of fun...even if it was pretty dumb...

She glanced at the door, thinking about asking to join in. It seems like it would be a lot of fun but... she was supposed to be above doing dumb, immature stuff like that. Mom would never approve of her doing something so pointless and silly...

She looked back down and sighed before she heard the back door open.

"Oh hey Anais, watching Gumball and Darwin recording their 'Ninja George' film or whatever they call it? It's pretty dumb huh?" She giggled.

"Yeah, I guess...how come you're here then?

"Apparently they recorded it themselves before but managed to accidentally delete it, and now they've asked me to come over and help them record it again."

Anais chuckled lightly. "Yeah, that sounds like them alright..."

Penny smiled. "Hey, you should come and join us! It's actually a lot of fun!"

Anais hesitated, glancing out of the window before sighing again. "...No thanks..."

"Anais? What's wrong?" Penny asked, sensing that something was bothering her.

"Hmm? Oh, err...i-i-it's nothing." She replied somewhat hastily as she headed back to the sofa.

"Aww, come on, you can tell me," Penny assured Anais.