Chapter 6

Mirkwood

"Will!"

"Will byers!"

"Will"

"Will, We're here for you, bud!"

The volunteers who offered to help find qill screamed out into the forest some men and others women.

"He's a good student." Mr Clarke suddenly said to hopper as they were walking around looking for will

"What?" Hopper asked confused not getting who he was talking about.

"Will. He's a good student. Great one, actually." Mr Clarke clarified. "I dont think we've met. Scott Clarke. teacher, Hawkins Middle. Earth and biology."

"I always had a distaste for science." Hopper admitted dryly.

"Same, I mean I don't even know what the science teachers going on about half of the time." Mia said bluntly. Hopper nodded in agreement to the young girls words.

"Well, Maybe you had a bad teacher."

"Yeah, Ms Ratliff was a piece of work."

"That old hag taught you when you were in school?" Mia asked Hopper.

"Unfortunately, she teach you?" Hopper asked

"Yeah. Pretty sure she hated me. Half of the time I think she just made up reasons in her head to hate me other Well, let's just say I would love to press her buttons and make her mad." Mia said with a hint of mischief in her eyes

"Oh merlin" Lily sighed before turning to James "Daisy got that from you." She hissed at him

"Its Mia not daisy" Mia cut in not caring about the comment of getting her mischief from her father but damn did she hate the name Daisy. No she despised it.

"Ratiff? You bet." Mr Clarke agreed qith a slight chuckle "She's still kicking around believe it or not."

"Oh, I believe it. mummies never die, so they tell me." Hopper paused for a second "Sara my daughter... Galaxies, the universe, whatnot... she always understood that stuff. I always figured there was enough going on down here, I never needed to look elsewhere."

"Your daughter, what grade is she? Maybe ill get her in my class."

"No, she uh... she lives with her mom in the city. Thanks for coming out teach. we really appreciate." Hopper said trying to steal the subject of his daughter away as he still felt sad knowing she's never coming back.

"She died a few years back." A women said to Mr Clarke.

"Sorry?" He said confused

"His kid." The women clarified causing Mr Clarke to slow down slightly in shock looking at Hoppers back slightly guilty he bought her up.

"I'm sorry about your daughter." said Remus to hopper in sympathy as others stared at the man in pity. Hopper nodded in acknowledgment to his statement.