Reflection

Plot:Lucy sees herself in the mirror and hates it. 

Author's Note: In this version Lucy's hair IS naturally black with no pink and blue "Highlights". There are no pink or blue graffiti marks on her clothes either.

------------------------

Syspocaplypstar, Emmet's dream house

Lucy looked up from the bathroom sink, tears running down her face. Her eyes were swollen and her face was red. Why would anyone think she was pretty? She wasn't pretty like Queen Watevra Wannabi and General Sweet Mayhem, or even cute, like Unikitty.

Lucy ran a hand over her hair. It was plain black, not anything special, like auburn or red. Just boring black. She tugged at her side ponytail and it popped free. Lucy peered through her locks of black hair that had fallen. And her eyes. Just blue. Not green, brown, or hazel. Plain as day. Lucy took a closer look at the mirror, sees her freckles and cringed. She hated her freckles. She thought they were nothing but ugly dots. Lucy used a tissue to wipe away her tears. Lucy looked down at her clothes. Black hoodie, black sweatpants, and black shoes. It was the same thing every day, but she liked it. 

Lucy slowly walked out of the bathroom, hoping her eyes weren't still red and swollen. She walked into the bedroom she and Emmet share, and stopped in her tracks.

Lucy stood frozen at the door, watching her boyfriend, Emmet, sit on the bed. Lucy quickly rubbed her eyes, and wiped off her face. But she wasn't fast enough. Emmet saw Lucy wiping off her face and stood up.

Emmet:"Lucy, have you been crying?"

Lucy didn't answer, just sat down on the bed.

Lucy:"I just, I think I'm not pretty." 

There, she said it! It felt like a weight was lifted off her chest. Emmet held her shoulders, and looked straight into her eyes.

Emmet:"Lucy, look at me, you're the most beautiful person in the world."

Lucy looked up.

Lucy:"But, what do you mean?"

How could he possibly think he was more beautiful than the other girls?

Emmet smiled.

Emmet:"First, you have the most deep, sapphire eyes. Second, Second, your hair is soft and a shiny raven black. Third, you're sweet, making you beautiful inside and out."

Lucy blushed and nervously giggled.

Lucy:"Really? Do you mean that?"

He was the sweetest guy on earth! And he was sitting right in front of her.

Emmet kissed her cheek.

Emmet:"Of course. I can't think of anyone more beautiful. Forget mirrors, they just tell you on the outside. But, on the inside..." He picked up her pink geode on the side of her bed. 

Lucy gasped, and looked at the glittering crystal. Was he right? She looked up into his chocolate brown eyes, and was sure of it. He leaned over and kissed her again. 

Emmet:"Oh, and by the way, I love your freckles. They're cute and adorable."

Lucy smiled.

Emmet:"See? Smiling and freckles are a winning combo!"

Emmet walked out the door, but paused.

Emmet:"I'll see you tomorrow. And don't forget." He pointed to the geode and waved before he left. 

Lucy walked down the hall, and stopped in front of the hall mirror. She smiled, and stepped into Uniktty's room,(Kitty Cat Room)having something to tell her about.

The End!