The Queen?!

Lena's outfit

A few moments later, several of Ratigan's thugs tied Basil and Dawson to a mousetrap, and were now setting up the trap. While Dawson was scared and looking around worriedly, Basil stared blankly up at the ceiling, feeling completely defeated.

In that moment, Lena was led over to where Ratigan was. She had on a deep red party dressed and a pair of simple black heels that she had been forced to wear while her hair was done up neatly. As soon as Ratigan's eyes landed on her, his smirk widened while her glare deepened.

"My dear detective, don't you look exquisite."

"Is there a reason you made me wear this ghastly dress of yours?"

"Well, I wanted at least one of you to witness my triumph." He mocked as he twirled a small strand of her hair that framed her face. "And, between you and Basil, you're the one I find the least annoying."

"You're too kind." Lena mumbled as she rolled her eyes.

"As for you, Basil." Ratigan stated as he turned to face the two tied up mice while Lena tried to get out of the thugs' grips. "You don't know what a delightful dilemma it was trying to decide on the most appropriate method for your demise. Oh, I had so many ingenious ideas I didn't know which to choose. So, I decided to use them all."

He gestured around them. The two tied up mice were surrounded by a few weapons: a gun, a crossbow and an axe. All of which are aimed directly at the mousetrap as well as an anvil that hung precariously above them.  

"Marvelous, isn't it? But here, let me show you how it works. Picture this." He began to explain as Fidget curtsied next to a record player. "First, a tune I've recorded especially for you. As the song plays the cord tightens, and when the song ends the metal ball is released. Rolling along its merry way until Snap! Boom! Twang! Thunk!...SPLAT!"

Dawson and Lena winced but Basil remained impassive while Ratigan removed his hat in a form of salute. "And so ends the short, undistinguished career of Basil of Baker Street."

"You're...despicable!" Lena yelled, trying to charge at the maniacal rat but continued to be held back by his thugs.

"Yes." He chuckled before turning to Fidget who was now dressed in a royal uniform. In fact, now that Lena took a good look around, no longer blinded by rage, all his thugs were wearing Royal British Guard uniforms.

"Everything's ready, Fidget?"

"All set, boss."

Ratigan peeked inside a large white gift box with a pink ribbon wrapped around it and Lena stared at it curiously. He chuckled wickedly at the contents of the gift.

"Oh, this is wicked! So delightfully wicked."

Several thugs, moved the package as Ratigan walked over to Flaversham, who was bound, standing by Olivia's bottle, where she was fortunately safe and sound.

"Mr Flaversham, let me congratulate you on a superb piece of craftsmanship." He chuckled, tapping his knuckles against the glass of Olivia's bottle. "See what you can do with the proper motivation?"

Flaversham was led away along with Lena towards a dirigible while Ratigan's men hopped onto Felicia's back.

"It was my fond hope to stay and witness your final scene but you were 15 minutes late. And I do have an important engagement at...Buckingham Palace." Dawson raised an eyebrow in confusion at Ratigan's words while the rat gestured over to a camera that had been set up. "Now, you will remember to smile for the camera, won't you? Hmm? Say cheese!"