01

I stared at you, my heart heavy with disappointment and frustration. "Again you're late for our date?" I questioned, my voice laced with a mix of sadness and anger. I had been waiting for you in the living room, dressed up and ready for what was supposed to be our sixth postponed date. But you were nowhere to be seen.

You let out a sigh of frustration, clearly caught off guard by my question. "I... I am just caught up with..." you began, struggling to find the right words to explain your absence. But I knew the truth. You had been lying to me for the past month, making excuses and keeping me in the dark.

"Caught up with work?" I finished your sentence, a forced smile on my face as I pretended to be clueless. Deep down, I knew the reality. I knew you were drifting away from me. "Look, I don't know how I manage to make time for us on our busy schedules, but at least..." I trailed off, hoping you would understand the weight of my words.

"At least what?" you retorted, your voice dripping with rudeness. The sharpness in your tone caught me off guard, and I felt a pang of hurt shoot through my heart. "I don't know how you make time for those things. You're an idol, Jimin. You shouldn't waste your time on me!"

My heart sank further at your words, the disbelief and sadness evident in my eyes. "Who said spending time with my girlfriend is a waste of my time?" I countered, my voice wavering with a mix of hurt and confusion. I took a step towards you, my intention to bridge the growing distance between us. But then I saw you stumble, as if physically affected by my words. Why?

"Jimin, you should focus on yourself. Comebacks are near, and going out like this so frequently isn't... healthy... for us," you replied, your voice trembling with a mixture of exhaustion and apprehension. It was the same answer you always gave me, the answer I had grown accustomed to believing. Your pretty innocent face, once a source of comfort, now seemed deceptive and clouded.

"Y/n, why? Why are you doing this?" I pleaded, my voice cracking with the weight of my emotions. I searched your eyes, desperately seeking answers, but you turned away, refusing to meet my gaze. "I don't want to talk now. Please, I just want to rest!"

And just like that, six months had passed. Six months of endless fights, constant excuses, and your ever-growing facade. Wasn't everyone entitled to a fairy tale ending in their lives? Had my decision to become an idol been my biggest mistake?

But it was you who had supported me the most. It was you who had been there for me through thick and thin, draining yourself to save our relationship. We had been together for six years since high school, and you had never acted this way before. So why now?

What was my fault in all of this? There were no financial issues, no family problems. I had even considered proposing to you, dreaming of a future together. But now, in the face of your changing behavior, I questioned my love for you. Should I give us space? Should I distance myself from you, hoping that it would bring clarity to our situation?

You were everything I had ever asked for, but not every story had a happy ending, did it? It seemed that my story was destined to lack that elusive happiness. Because even though I loved you with all my heart, it was clear that you no longer loved me. I could feel it in your distant glances and the way you recoiled from my touch.

Those six

years we spent together, were they truly nothing to you? Was my love nothing to you anymore? I found myself questioning my own worth, wondering if I was no longer handsome or pretty enough in your eyes. You looked at me as if I disgusted you, and it made me feel insecure and small. I began to crumble in front of my own demons, losing sight of who I once was.

My fans were growing concerned about my lack of communication with the media, but little did they know the battles I was fighting behind closed doors. Were you mad at me because I hadn't publicly revealed our relationship yet? But hadn't we discussed it? I had never wanted to put you in danger, which is why I had kept our love hidden from the public eye. But did that mean you would stop loving me for such a trivial reason?

As I wrestled with my emotions, my heart heavy with a mix of love, hurt, and confusion, I couldn't help but wonder if our story would ever find its way back to happiness.