03

I mustered up the courage to speak the words that had been weighing on my heart. "Y/n, do you still love me?" I pleaded, searching your face for a glimmer of the love we once shared. Your expression was filled with guilt, and I fought to hold myself together, refusing to beg. But my tears betrayed me, streaming down my face as I confessed, "I love you with every fiber of my being. If you ask for my life, then please, take it." I swallowed the lump in my throat, my voice trembling. "Seeing you like this is already killing me. I... I don't want to say this, but I don't think our six years of relationship can work anymore. I'm done putting effort into something that feels so broken."

"We should break up, Jimin," you replied, and the words pierced through me like a dagger. "I fell out of..."

"Out of love?" I chuckled bitterly, the pain gripping my chest. "Then what should we do now?"

The weight of those words settled upon my soul as the reality of our impending separation sunk in. The following morning, I opened my eyes, greeted by a world that felt empty and bleak. My vision was blurred, my eyes swollen from the tears shed in anguish. My heart felt lighter than the previous day, but the thought of you remained a haunting presence in my mind.

My body ached, wearied from the emotional turmoil that consumed me. I had no curiosity to venture further, no desire to seek out moments of joy. The flood of emotions surged through my heart, and my eyes became the outlet, releasing them in the form of tears. It happened when you walked away, and the pain persisted, echoing within me. Love, in a way, can break you in the beginning or build you in the end.

Every mundane aspect of life becomes infused with beauty when you are in love. Every trivial matter holds significance and becomes intertwined with your existence. Love drives you to do crazy things, even just to have conversations, and in that madness, you find solace. In the imperfect world we inhabit, love allows us to love imperfect people in ways that nobody else has loved before.

You believe they leave without reason, but the truth is, in real stories, people fall out of love, find new paths, and pursue different desires. They all leave eventually, and you're left to love, trust, and care for yourself above all else, as you mend the wounds inflicted upon your heart. And after enduring all of this, when they finally depart, it is devastating. In a nutshell, you must brace yourself to embrace the hardships that are bound to unfold in your life.

I glanced around my room, where remnants of you once resided. Your belongings were long gone, leaving behind an emptiness that mirrored my heart. It was a stark reminder of the end of our chapter, a painful truth that I had to confront and accept.