Har Khataa ki hoti hai koi na koi sazaa

Parmita was smiling to herself when she saw her reflection in the mirror. Her face was red and moist. She touched her face where Mahaswin kissed her...Mahaswin...it should've been Dev. She looked hard at her reflection and began clawing her face. What had she become? She was even worse than Tanya. She was cheating Dev whom she had left alone in the burning car to die. She let Mahaswin kissed him? That evil snake! He must've had his eyes on her even since her school days. Why else would he've acted so sweet with her? Mahaswin lusted her that's why he was copying Dev in everything but that snake didn't know that Dev was only one and he will just be a cheap copy. That evil guy and he trapped even her in his game. But she'll redeem herself. Mahaswin had hurt the sanctity of her relationship with Dev now She'd strike Mahaswin where it'd hurt the most. She took her phone and dialled. "Hello Brishti!"

Dev was dead tired when he reached his home but his heart felt as if it were lifted by the strong wings of wild geese. As usual he went to Brishti's room to say good night but she was not there. Thinking once again she was busy playing on her Xbox, Mahaswin went to the gaming room but no one was there. "Brishti! Brishti!" Sweat was covering Mahaswin's whole body when he was searching Brishti in every room.

"Sir, Brishti ma'am left the house an hour ago. I called you so many times but you were not picking up the phone," A househelp told Mahaswin.

Mahaswin checked his phone on silent mode. 50 missed calls were there. How could he be so careless? He was with Parmita that time...

"Commissioner Sir," Mahaswin called, "My daughter is missing. I need her back within one hour at any cost. I don't care what it takes."

Mahaswin himself was searching for Brishti when he got call from an unknown number.

"Hello! Are you Brishti's father?" The voice from the other side asked.

"Yes I am. Where's Brishti? How's my daughter?"

"She's better now. I'm Hritik Sukhija. Brishti has suffered a panic attack. Can you come at my place? Wait! I'll text you the address."

It was surreal for Mahaswin to see Hritik sitting in front of him after that night twelve years ago when he saw his own wife making love with him. Earlier Mahi would've killed Hritik but father of Brishti was grateful for him to help his daughter. Hrithik had the same babyface, same naivety even in such poor living conditions and for the first time Mahaswin felt a pity on him.

"When I was driving back home from work, I saw Brishti hyperventilating on the road," Hritik said, "She was so distressed. I got your contact number from her phone."

Had Hritik really not recognised him? Had Mahaswin changed so much? He remembered the time when he beat Hritik black and blue after finding about his affair with Tanya. But what was Brishti doing here? It couldn't be a coincidence that Brishti was near Hritik and Tanya's house.

"You have such a powerful aura, Sir. I am nervous even to sit in front of you," Hritik said to Mahaswin. He was visibly in complete awe of Mahaswin.

"Really? Do you think so?" Mahaswin said with amusement in his voice remembering how even after getting beaten by Mahaswin twelve years ago, Hritik told him how Tanya would be happier with him than Mahaswin as he was richer, more sophisticated and powerful.

Inside their home, when Mahaswin covered Brishti with a quilt after making her lie on her bed, Brishti said, "Dad!"

Mahaswin said wiping his tears and forcing a smile on his face as he faced Brishti, "Yes, baccha!"

"Dad do you love Parmita?" Brishti asked.

"Yes," Mahaswin said softly.

"So I have to go to Tanya when you'll marry Parmita?" Brishti said.

Mahaswin said in a dangerous tone, "Who said that?"

"Parmita called me," Brishti was in tears now and she got up on bed, "She said that she hates me and she won't marry you until I am in this house. But Dad! You are everything I have! Where will I go? I know you love Parmita but I don't want to live without you."

Brishti's body was shaking violently and Mahaswin hugged her tightly to soothe her body and whispered, "No one is more important in my life than you Brishti. When I was nothing, it was only you who had faith in me. I'm sorry baccha that I was distracted for some time. But you don't worry. The only person in Dad's life is you." And revenge-Mahaswin thought to himself.

Mahaswin understood Parmita did this only to dissuade Mahaswin from persuading her due to her guilt of moving on without Dev but now Parmita will also get to know Mahaswin Goswami never forgives who hurt his daughter. Though his heart was Dev's, but the blood in his body was Mahaswin's own.

Parmita felt bad for Brishti though she expected Brishti to throw a tantrum on Mahaswin to prohibit him from getting close to Parmita and never in her dream could she fathom that her call with affect Brishti so much. She expected a tantrum from Brishti which will keep Mahaswin in check but she didn't know she had put her hands in a beehive.