chapter one

FIRST SIGHT - TRACK LIST

love like ghosts - lord huron
iris - the goo goo dolls
end of a beginning - djo
falling - harry styles

i could hear my mother downstairs rushing me so she could get me and james onto the platform for my second year and james' 3rd year at hogwarts. my first year was amazing and all but i still felt nervous for my first day back, i hadnt made a lot of friends in my first year, of course i still had my friends in slytherin like dorcas meadows and evan rosier, and pandora lestrange who was a ravenclaw but i never kept contact over this summer,  if im being honest i helped my dad alot making potions but no complaints about that from me i enjoyed potions, i enjoyed doing that stuff especially with my father.

although me and lily evans kept in contact this summer, shes an incredible girl in james' year who he is raging inlove with, i cant tell you the amount of stunts ive seen and shes told me about he has pulled to win her over which seems like it never works, speaking of keeping in contact the last thing i needed to throw in my bag was a quill and some ink and im ready.

"cassandara come down now, please!"  id heard my mother yell it had been countless times and i knew it was a matter of when she sent james up here to get me, so grabbing my final bag from my bed i dragged all my luggage down the stairs and as im reaching the bottom of the flight my older brother ruffled my hair "that took you long enough cass" "shut it" as much as i love james i can say he gets on my nerves a lot faster than i would care to admit too.

"quit the bickering whos through the floo first now" said my father, i hated floo it made me feel light headed after i was on the other side as ive only been through a small amount of times. and of course with no discussion james insited he was first and stepped into the living room fireplace, than my mother, than me, and lastly my father. suddenley just like that im back on this platform and i was a lot less nervous and anxious about going back.

i embraced both of my parents my father slightly longer and tighter than my mother only because i spent so much time with him over the summer. "we love you both make the best choices remember minerva has her eye on you, james you especially if by the end of the day if there is a owl at my window from her you will be recieving a howler in the morning and im sure thats not how you are wanting your third year to start off?" my mother lectured. both of us laughing her off "dont worry mom that wont be nessacary" my brother responded i don't know about that one. but i kept that thought to myself. as we walked away, "soo you should expect a howler tommorow morning id assume?" i asked, "if mcgonagall writes mom tonight than definitely." i laughed a little to myself as me and my brother parted ways.

walking past all the compartments and down the train seemed so nostalgic i really missed being away from home and being with my friends. i especially missed hogwarts meals

eventually i ended up in a compartment by myself i was looking out the window with my knees to my chest until a very familiar red head opened the door, lily evans. she definetly matured over the summer, she got slightly taller her baby face was no longer her freckles complimenting her face better rather than just looking splatter of dots. of course other features as well but i practically jumped into her arms. "lily! oh my goodness its so amazing to finally see you again, tell me every detail about your summer you didn't write me about" i exclaimed, "slow your roll cass! i missed you just as much but you should sit back down so i really can tell you everything'

me and lily got into discussing parts of our summer we didnt write about, i told her how much i learned about potions this summer she told me about her muggle friends and how difficult not talking about hogwarts was, i couldnt imagine living a day let alone a summer with no magic.