Chapter 1

WHO WANTS AIR FRIED CHICKEN?

Hyunjin sighed while settling down in his cabin in the Hogwarts Express. His window providing him a warm view of the Platform 9 3/4 of London's King's Cross Station. His soft blonde hair falling at a side of his face. Seeing how long they were, he should've probably tied them up.

It was already 10:58 A:M, his journey would start in two minutes. His first day in fifth year would start in a few hours. Then why wasn't he excited? Why wasn't he beaming like the kids he sees through the class or hears from around the train?

The train roared and now Hyunjin could see the smoke and the last call for students was heard. He looked down at his new robes. The 'H' still stood out to him. He didn't like getting transferred, Mahoutokoro had become his home in the last four years.

He was 11 when his letter arrived and as a wish, or stubborn nature, he had avoided getting in Hogwarts. Why would he want to get into the same school his oh so great older brother and sister graduated from? Why would he risk the fate of getting compared? Why would he choose those sighs of disappointment when he doesn't get in par with his siblings?

And so, he had successfully taken admission in the Japanese Wizarding School of Mahoutokoro. For four years he had done so well, the school was an old fashioned Japanese Castle located on the topmost point of the volcanic island of Minami Iwo Jima.

Unlike Hogwarts, Mahoutokoro had very little student body which Hyunjin was glad for. It felt like the whole castle was just his sometimes. He had also grown to love Quidditch through years. Mahoutokoro had the best quidditch teams, due to the harsh practice conditions. Watching out for bludgers as well as some muggle planes from the neighbouring islands. Sea storms and hurricanes were regular.

It was finally time and the Express took off with the loud voices dying in the background, Hyunjin decided to sleep all his way to the school.

-

Hogwarts was pretty, Hyunjin wasn't gonna lie about that, it was different but still pleasing to look at. It was the normal first year speech of the headmaster while the little ones all huddled around in the front like baby chicks since they weren't sorted.

To be fair, Hyunjin wasn't exactly sorted either. He has to go through the whole sorting hat thing again. The sorting of the first year students started and Hyunjin's dread spread. Since there weren't many cases of transfers between the wizarding schools, it was rare to have a student enrol in fifth year.

The kids became lesser and lesser as the sorting hat shouted names. He stood at last, near the entry door so nobody could notice him but failed miserably with his flowy blonde hair and steal grey eyes.

"Transfer Hwang Hyunjin." McGonagall called.

Oh he prays to the heavenly souls, for dragons to rain their fire on him.

He started walking forward and gasps played like a pre-recorded tape. He could feel the stares and the mumblings of his last name. Off course, why wouldn't he?

Looking as dead as he felt he sat down on the chair, knowing very well of what's the outcome got to be.

"You don't feel very happy little boy, eh?" The hat mused.

"What is it that bothers you?" It asked and Hyunjin could see that this conversation was only between him and the Sorting Hat.

"I just know what's the result is gonna be." He sighed.

"I'm afraid you're right.." The Hat said softly. "But it's not for the reasons you think it is."

That confused Hyunjin.