Chapter 6

Aditya was sitting in his grandmother's room. His dadi was continuosly talking about how he should get married, and Aditya was just patiently listening to her.

It did bother him sometimes when his family constantly pressurised him to get married. He didn't like the idea of getting married to someone and then spending no time with them. It was unfair to the other person to suffer alone in a relationship.

His phone ringed and flashed kartik's number. Excusing himself he went out of the room to pick up the call.

"Sir, there is a problem!"

Kartik's voice was a little panicky. It made Aditya think what could go so wrong that even kartik who always handled everything calmly was panicking.

"What is it?"

"The girl you met last week was today at the Mumbai airport just after you boarded the plane. And the media harrassed them pretty badly. The video is all over the internet. I think you need to come back soon."

Aditya sighed out heavily. Media was fucking with his head now. And the fact that inaya got mobbed at the airport just because they were seen together didn't sit right with him.

"I'll be back by tomorrow."

He cut the call and kept it on the table. Running his hand though his hair he looked outside the window. Just then he heard a glass breaking sound from his grandmother's room and he immediately rushed inside.

.....................................

"It's so beautiful. I love it here."

Sanya said as she admired the designs made by the old Indian sculptors. No words could describe the beauty of the monuments and their architecture.

Inaya took out her camera and clicked pictures. Today was the third day of their one week trip to udaipur and they were at today's last destination before going back to their hotel.

Just as she kept her camera inside, her phone ringed. It was kalpana aunty so without much thought she picked it up.

Her expressions quickly changed as her eyes became teary. Sanya who was looking at her got worried to see her almost crying.

Inaya cut the call and looked up at a worried Sanya.

"We need to go back."

.......................................

The evening flight landed in Mumbai at 8. Inaya and Sanya rushed to the orphanage while all this time Inaya's body was shivering, while Sanya was completely unaware of what was happening.

She felt wierd at the fact that they had to take a flight just after the call. She understood that it was something important so she chose to keep quiet and follow Inaya.

They reached the orphanage by 9 and rushed inside. The living room was absolutely messy, not because of children playing there but it looked as if somebody had thrashed things around.

There sat all the elders with tensed faces. Just as Inaya opened her mouth to say something kalpana aunty stood up and came towards them.

"Sanya beta, you go inside. Have your dinner and sleep."

Nodding her head Sanya gave a worried glance towards Inaya and went to her room.

Just as the door shutting noise for upstairs reached their ears, they shared a look of concern and made inaya sit on the sofa before starting to narrate the incident that happened in the morning.

..................................

11:00am hopeful smiles orphanage

All the elders were sitting in the lawn as children were playing around in the swings. Just as the helpers served them their tea a loud voice for the gate startled them.

The watchman came running inside and told them about some men dressed in black suits had come with weapons and bouncers.

Before children could see the weapons they called them inside to talk.

"So Mehta, you know why I am here today. Don't you?"

Giridhar Kapoor spoke looking directly at Mr Mehta who looked at the elders. The man in front of them was vile and cruel.

"So anyway. Not wasting much of my precious time I want this orphanage to be vacated till next week. I think these people here don't know much of it mehta. Nothing to worry about, you still have a week to tell them."

Placing his well polished shoes on the floor which were till now kept on their living room table, he walked out without looking back with his gunmen following behind.

"What is happening mehta ji. Who is this man. And why do we have to vacate the orphanage?"

Mr Mehta was the one who started the orphanage. He bought the land they were currently standing on almost 40 years back.

The land originally belonged to Giridhar Kapoor and when it was sold, Suresh mehta did not have all the money at once.

So they made a contract that if in five years Suresh mehta would not pay the whole amount the land ownership would eventually belong to Giridhar Kapoor.

Although the amount was paid off in 3 years, the old hag had the papers and since the last four months he was threatening Suresh mehta about the land ownership.

So now because they had no proof against him there was no scope for saving the orphanage. Giridhar Kapoor was no rat who could be played around with. The veteran actor had connections with the biggest politicians in the country.

.............................

Inaya sat down on the sofa listening to this. Just a week to save her home. This could not be happening to her and her family. She could not see her home being destroyed in front of her eyes while she does nothing.

Lightning struck from outside as heavy drops of rain started falling on the ground making noise. She had always loved the sound of rain but right now it terrified her.

"We...we can go to the court."

She spoke with her quivering voice trying not to cry.

"You don't understand inaya. No advocate would take up our case. You know how big of a celebrity he is. With his money he can even buy the media. Do you think we can win?"

Aunty kalpana said as Inaya looked up with teary eyes.

"Then what aunty. I can't see our home getting destroyed by these nasty and selfish people."

Just then an idea struck her mind. Only Aditya could help her now.

..............................

"Her condition is a little critical sir. Her cholesterol levels are high along with her blood pressure. Her sugar levels have also increased. And looking at her age it's better if she is kept away from stress."

The doctor said moving out of the ward as Aditya looked at his grandmother. She laid on the bed as her face looked wan and pale.

Waking towards the bed he sat on the stool beside and took her hand in his own and kept it back before lightly kissing it.

A few moments later he felt her fingers moving and looked up to see her opening her eyes.

"Dadi!"

He adjusted the pillows behind her to support her back. She laid there holding his hand tightly as a few tears fell from her eyes.

"Beta, I am getting older and almost nearing death. I just have one wish before dying."

Aditya kept looking at her with his neutral face, but he knew what she would ask him for and this time he would not be able to deny her.

"I want you to get married. Please adi....this is my last wish. I want to see you happy."

She said with deep pauses between as aditya's grip tightned around her hand a bit. He knew that he could no more deny the proposal. So for his dadi's sake he smiled at her and nodded.

...

I seriously love Aditya. What do you guys think about him.

Happy reading.