the great war

"CAN'T YOU PLEASE STOP??! JUST STOP!" his yelling and cracking voice stopped her from whatever she's doing. "Just stop hurting yourself, please." His shaking figure moves closer to the raging female who still back facing him. Her chest moves up and down from the intense action she did a while ago.

"Leave me alone, Jimin." She muttered, holding herself not to raise her voice anymore. At least, not to him.

"Your knuckles has bruises, they're bleeding. Stop hurting yourself, don't you know that it's hurting me too? I'm not bleeding but it hurts me! Can't you see?" Tears flowing nonstop from his eyes but he doesn't even bother to wipe them anymore.

"Should I really leave you? If I leave you, would you stop hurting yourself? Would you stop overthinking and blaming yourself? If I leave you all alone, would you be okay? Won't you miss me like I would? If I leave you alone, won't you shed more tears because of the pain? Because I WOULD, I FCKG WOULD!" Ignoring the broken glasses on the floor, he walks closer to her trembling figure and engulf her in his warm embrace.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused. I'm sorry because.. loving me giving you all this pain. I-I'm sorry because I'm so selfish to keep you by my side, knowing I'm not someone who can freely to love, I'm sor-"

She didn't let him continue blabbering the nonsense as she turns around and leaning in to shut him up with her lips. Tiptoeing, she grabs his collar to pull him down a little to kiss him better. As their lips perfectly locked, his arms naturally wrap around her waist to close the distance between both of them. Despite tasting the salty tears between the kiss, the grip on each other didn't loosen for a bit.

After some minutes that feels like forever, both pull away and staring at each other face. Stained cheeks, swollen lips, teary eyes yet a little smile slowly curved up on the corner of their lips.

"I vowed not to fight anymore, if we survived the Great War." She promised him and to herself that she will try hard, so they would survive, both of them.

She's someone with bad anger issues and Jimin knows it well yet it never holds him back to love her even more. Just like a perfect matchmade in heaven, he's the only one who able to calm her anger down. It didn't always go smooth like butter but he never gives up.

Jimin also very aware that with him being an idol, his private life has always been watched. He's very aware that his profession might hurt both of them in process yet he feels like he needs to be selfish to keep her by his side. Arguments happen, sometime it's smaller than this one but so far, this was the biggest argument they ever had.

Every time they fight, it will end up with her having at least one wound or bleeding hands. She has her own way to vent her anger and despite trying hard to control it or Jimin trying his best to calm her down, sometime it just gets out of their hands. Just like this time.

Today, some photos of them got spread in the internet by a reporter who secretly stalk them and take the photos. Rumours and articles were spreading like hot fire and it gives hard time for everyone. She was well aware about it and it didn't take time for them to get into arguments.

She took decision by herself and wants to end things, thinking it will be the best way to protect his career while Jimin didn't think twice to refuse the idea. He loves her too much to leave her alone.

"Will it be hard? Of course. I won't lie that it will be easy but trust me, I will never leave you and we will make it together to the end. We will survive this." He reaches for her hand, hold them softly like they're the most fragile thing and land some gentle kisses on her knuckle before flashes her his genuine smile.

And he proves it.

Few years later, they settled down in a beautiful marriage. He reaches for her hands once again just like he did back then and kiss her knuckles.

"Remember that night? That was the night I nearly lost you. I really thought I lost you. But I'm glad I fought hard for us. Thank you for staying, thank you for being mine."

"I vowed I would always be yours because we survived the Great War."