Chapter One

I turned around, wide-eyed and shocked, "What are you doing here?". A grin stretched across his face, "Cheyenne. I can't believe it's you". I shot worried glances around the surrounding area, making sure no one was eyeing us. I turned my focus back to him, attempting a half-smile, "Yea..it's...uh...me", I faintly chuckled. His eyebrows furrowed at my lame attempt at a complete sentence, but quickly returning to his natural good-hearted smile, "It's been such a long time...what? Like four months?". I clutched my jacket around me tighter as the London air blew past us in a cold rush, gripping my coffee in my free hand, "Uh yea...quite a long time if you think about it". He looked at me gripping my jacket tighter as another gust of wind blew past, "Well I was just walking around the city...you know...revisiting, being a tourist you may say". My face turned from emotionless to confused instantly, "Revisiting?". He shook his head assuringly, "Yea... how about we get something to eat? I'll explain everything". I nodded slightly, "Yea, uhm sure..", as he placed his arm around my waist, leading me.

We sat in a local resturant that I've never been to personally. It was small, but far too large to be anything along the lines of a cafe. Accordingly name Riverside as a decent sized stream flowed beside it. We sat in the corner of the resturant, it was peaceful, yet unsettling as I was sitting with one of five people that I've been trying to sustain away from. My attention was brought back to reality when he cleared his voice, "Cheyenne...". I looked up, shaking my head, "I'm sorry, what were you saying again?". A smile crept on his face as he took a sip of some fruity drink he had ordered. I watched as he set it back down, "I asked, how have you been?". I pondered at his question. I've been good, granted, but I still felt incomplete, guilty as somebody else would say. As I sat there thinking, I could feel his eyes on me, waiting intently for me to answer as I fiddled with a napkin setting on the table infront of me. I shrugged, "Boring I guess". He raised an eyebrow at me, his face blatantly smirking at me, "That doesn't sound interesting or great at all". I shrugged again, my eyes trying not to make contact with his, "Not everybody's life can be as interesting as others", I stated blindly. He leaned himself onto the table, my eyes darting up to his, "I understand. So where have you been? Everybody has been trying to get ahold of you for the longest time, love". I sat there nervously, his eyes digging into mine. My mind wondered as I recalled him using the nickname he so often used to have called me months ago. Not him, nor the boys, not anybody had called me 'love' in months. It made me realize how much I had lost because not only has nobody spoken to me in months, but nobody really has been there for me either. Nikka has been busy with college and work and Lexa had moved to Yorkshire two months ago for work, I realized, I was basically alone. I looked back into his eyes, with them seeming to hold a greater sparkle in them that I had ever realy seen before, "I moved. I'm not in main London anymore". He rolled his eyes, sighing, "Obviously. You moved out of the complex faster than we could get back to London. We were all completely shocked actually. We knew it was coming by the way you left Cheshire, we just didn't know when. Now tell me, where are you now? Do you have a job?". He looked at me with such interest, and I was debating the thought of telling him where I was or not, considering he might tells the rest of the boys. I fiddled with the straw in the glass of water infront of me, "Well.. I work in a small coffee shop in London, it pays good, really good actually. That's how I was able to afford a pretty nice flat for myself". He gave me a stern look, "But where do you live now?". I grunted to myself, obviously loud enough that he gave me a look of confusion, "London....uptown. Westminster to be exact". He cracked a smile, "That's not far from here at all, you're right next to the palace and Big Ben...in fact...you know that Har-.....nevermind". I gave him a questioning look as he abruptly stopped mid-sentence, but brushed it off.

"So where do you live now? You said you were revisitng before..", I questioned him. He leaned back in his chair, "Well after the break-up and you leaving, none of us saw a point in staying at the complex, so we got all our own places. Niall decided to stay in London. He currently lives in Wembley, as well as Liam. We all basically tried to stay in London or around it incase if we ever had the opportunity to get back together as a band, but the only thing holding us back was...well you know, Harry". I cringed at the name. Harry had been calling and texting me non-stop, telling me he would find me and wouldn't give up until he did. Still residing in London, I've been extremely weary about running into him and the boys. The plan to avoid them at all costs was working until now. I nodded, not wanting the conversation of Harry to continue any further, "So where have you moved to then?". He scratched his arm, letting out a sigh, "You see, I knew there was hardly a chance of us getting back together as a group, well because I stil talk to you know who. I make quite the amount of trips to London all the time to hangout". I knew telling him where I now resided was a bad idea, as he could tell Harry any day. He cleared his throat, "So you see, I went back home. Back home where I could see my family as you know being in One Direction kept that from happening. It feels great to be back home, yea I miss the guys, but I think it was better for me to go back to Doncaster". I nodded my head approvingly, but still not any more relaxed at the situation of running into him in the first place.