Part Three (Screow's POV)

Screow hasn't seen Tom for a week. Last time they saw each other, Tom was really worried and sad but wouldn't tell him why. Before he left, he said he would be back someday, but before Screow could ask what he meant, he disappeared. Screow often wonders what happened and if he's okay. All he can do is hope. Every day he wonders if it'll be the day he sees Tom again.
He sits on the floor of the abandoned house he goes to when he misses Tom, crying and scratching at the floor with a small stick.
"It's been so long. I miss him so much," he mumbles. He scratches a heart on the floor with the stick. He stares at it for a few minutes before drawing a line through it, making it a broken heart.
"Maybe he forgot about me," he mumbles angrily. The thought of Tom forgetting him sinks in and it hurts more than anything he's ever felt. He breaks the stick and starts sobbing loudly. It takes him a few minutes to calm down enough to where he can speak again.
"He wouldn't forget about me," he starts. "He loves me..."
The sudden realization hits him. This is just like what happened with the farmer. They spent every day together until he disappeared one day. Even though it was so long ago, Screow never fully got over it. He starts crying harder as the thought of never seeing Tom again fills his mind.
"I'm unlovable!!!" Screow sobs. He slams his fist on the floor several times, dirt and leaves flying up each time. He hides his face in his hands and continues crying.
It takes him a few hours to get to a state of mind where nothing matters anymore. He finds himself laying on the dirt-covered floor, unable to cry any longer and for once, his mind is quiet. He gets up and brushes himself off before deciding to go find the robot.