Prologue

From the moment I was born, my parents noticed I wasn't normal. I didn't quite act like children my age. I never experienced sadness, happiness, or anger. My mother hated this aspect of me. Though I had no control over it. She would do anything she could to get me to be normal. She'd give me sweets, toys, anything I'd ask for, but nothing worked.

One day, while my mother was at work, my father took me to the hospital, saying it was to see what was wrong with me. That day, the doctors diagnosed me with extreme schizoid personality disorder, saying I'd have it for the rest of my life. My father didn't react as a normal parent would. He seemed ok with it...

When we arrived home, he phoned my mother. She sounded angry. Once the call ended, my father leaned down to my height. "It's alright. There's nothing wrong with you. You're just like me. Once you meet the love of your life, this will all go away." He spoke in a calming tone. "The love of my life...?"

Ever since then, I have been eager to meet that person. Though I don't know who. A couple of years went by. My mother died in a car crash coming back from work. Even after she passed, no emotions surfaced. My father, however, was devastated. At her funeral, for the first time ever, he looked like me. Dead inside. He was never the same after that.
One day, after school, I found him dead on the kitchen floor. A knife in his chest, self-inflicted. He gave up... I stood there for what felt like hours, trying to force a single tear. But nothing happened. I was completely empty.

Afterward, I was adopted by a kind family. The Yamadas. A mother, father, and a little girl. It wasn't that bad. That was until Mr. Yamada told me I was ungrateful. Never showing thanks for anything they had done for me. So I pretended to be happy. To be normal. Every hour of every day. I pretended to have hobbies, likes, and dislikes, I pretended to care for them. In their eyes, I was finally normal.

Some time passed and I began to notice how attached my "sister" was to me. There were times she couldn't be away from me for long, annoying. But I had to act as if I loved her just as much as she did me. Soon enough, a girl named Osana came into our lives as well. She always had her bright orange hair in pigtails. She was almost as annoying as my "sister". My "parents" would set us up on playdates, practically forcing me to interact with her.

The three of us went to the same middle school. Luckily, I was enrolled in Akademi High for my high school years for a "better education". Everything was fine. I still hadn't found "the love of my life", but it was nice being away from Osana and Hanako. That was until Osana's family enrolled her in Akademi at the beginning of my second year.

Walking through the halls to the fountain, my one getaway from Osana, I bump into a girl. She fell to the floor with a loud thud. Before I even thought about looking at her, I apologized and held my hand out to help her up. As I did I looked at her. My heart started racing, bright blush coated my face. My eyes widened as I finished helping her up. My one true love... I had finally found her. She was gorgeous and made me feel something no one else had made me feel before. Love. I cannot let her go. I apologized again and started walking down the hall where I ran into Osana. I didn't pay her attention. My thoughts drifted to the girl. She will be mine...

𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖉𝖔𝖊𝖘𝖓'𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖎𝖈𝖊.