Chapter 1 - A Coronation

DREAM

Dream was tired of this already. He was beyond bored, idly cycling through the claustrophobic ballroom. The room was giant, and even that felt like an understatement, the ceiling went to the sky, it seemed. It was the flood of people that made it impossibly suffocating. Courts and their royals, all spilled out across the room. Lulling piano echoed off the walls, adding to the noise, hundreds of conversations overlapping all at once - all unrelated yet woven together regardless. The blonde sighed exasperatedly, dull eyes sifting through the sea of people crowded around him. It didn't aid him that people he didn't know (nor care about) kept stopping him to speak with him about more things he had little to no interest in.

He was only here for one person, unfortunately the same person everyone was here to see, making it all the more challenging to find him. However, as he made it to the front of the room the thrones were in view. He glanced up at them, before back to the floor where he spotted a rather dramatic looking crown, shining in the chandeliers light. He inhaled, pushing himself forward. Most cleared for him, he had quite the reputation, not exactly in the best way either. He often used that to his advantage, he was feared for good reason. Speaking of which, he was displeased to see the King talking to people of the village, or so he assumed. He was coming from behind, and while the brunette couldn't see him, the town's people surely could.

He gave a sharp look, and they were quick to scurry off, as if they'd just seen a ghost. This prompted the young royal to turn around, his expression daring to falter as he did so. Dreamwastaken, of the Somniabunt Kingdom. Quite possibly one of the last people he wanted to see. Dream didn't look all too thrilled either, but it went unsaid, for the time being.

"Dream,"

Wilbur spoke first, dipping his head briefly in respect, Dream returned the gesture,

"Wilbur."

"What brings you here?"

Wilbur asked, something that could be seen as a fool's question, he held back his passive aggressive tone as much as possible, without speaking through gritted teeth. Dream's eyes wandered briefly around the event, Wilbur's following,

"You do, I suppose. I've come in peace, just wanted to see if the rumors were true."

Dream replied dismissively, not really seeming bothered with this interaction. He was skimming through it like a chore he didn't want to do. Wilbur could pick out his disinterest, furrowing his brows a bit at Dream's words. Rumors. He knew there'd been gossip going around since the death of his parents. He'd heard all sorts of outlandish things, the most popular one seemed to be about his twin brother, Technoblade. Something that made him sick, something so disgusting he'd not had the heart to tell his little brother, Tommy. He knew it wasn't true, it was impossible, he knew Techno would never. He wouldn't.

He wouldn't, he wouldn't, he wouldn't, he wouldn't—-

"Pardon?"

Wilbur said, watching ivy green eyes snap back to meet his. They practically oozed with venom - green's said to be the color of evil, Wilbur understood why, now. He hated the mischief behind those green eyes, it irked him in the worst way, and part of him was drawn to it. A sinister smile uplifted pink lips, like he knew what he was doing. And he did. Dream was a well known trouble starter across the lands, he always managed to be involved in things one way or another. Even if not directly, he always had to know what was going on.

"Oh, I thought you would've known, - none the matter, from what I can tell, it seems they were right. Funny."

Dream smiled, waving off the question. Wilbur was far from smiling, he felt a certain rage building within him. Dream managed to push his buttons like no one else could, he was normally very calm and collected, specifically in the public's eye. He was a kind and logical prince, and now leader. His lands were simply thrilled to have him, even if everyone was still mourning the loss of their beloved King and Queen.