Chapter 24

Morning sunlight shone through the window onto my face as I drearily opened my tired eyes. The green curtains of the four poster bed being familiar but not known to me - taking in my surroundings and struggling to remember the previous night. The task being revealed, walking up to the castle, Harry running past, heading back to find Krum... the rest was largely a blur of images and words heard and said.

I looked across the room to see Draco's blonde hair on the pillow, eyes seemingly shut peacefully.

"Morning," Draco said, his voice scratching softly, "How are you feeling?"

"What happened?" I breathed, staring at the ceiling.

Draco chuckled as he sighed, "You don't remember?"

"Not much."

"You were stunned, Harry and Hagrid brought you back and Pansy was being a prat so I brought you here." He responded . "You were pretty out of it."

"By who?" I questioned anxiously. Whoever it was found to be a threat to not only be but Krum and Harry and Fluer and the rest of the school.

"Don't know, you didn't say so I'm presuming you didn't know."

"What did I say?" I sighed as I pushed the bed covers off me and sat up in bed to see Draco.

He locked eyes with me quickly before scanning the rest of the room in avoidance, "Nothing we didn't already know."

I stared at him, he seemed so awkward. Draco Malfoy was never awkward. "What is it?"

"What?" He looked over at me, regaining his usual smirk. I eyed him suspiciously as he got out of the bed and pulled on a shirt and began buttoning it up over his chest. "Enjoying the view, Wood?"

"No." I stumbled looking away and climbing out of the bed and grabbing my shoes from the floor to put on.

I felt him move behind me, "Going so soon?"

"Draco..." I said turning around to face him. His chest was very close to mine and I could feel his breath on my face.

"Arya." He brought his hand to the side of my face looking into my eyes and then down at my lips.
I looked at his and back into his eyes feeling him pull my face towards his-

"Oh my god, Arya, are you okay? We heard what happened!" Theo exclaimed as he and Blaise came rushing in and Draco dropped his hand stepping away from me as I was bombarded by the two boys.

"I uh yes," I said struggling to catch my breath as my eyes flickered over to Draco who was watching me with a playful grin as I felt my cheeks heat up. "I- I was uhm, just stunned but I'm okay now."

"Who was it?" Blaise pestered.

I managed to draw my eyes from Draco and met Blaise and Theo's worried expressions, "I didn't see."

"The cruel bast-"

"She's fine now, Theo." Draco interrupted with a smirk.

Blaise's eyes flicked between the two of us questioningly as Theo mumbled something under his breath.

I stepped towards the door, "Maybe I should uhm go and uhm..."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Blaise asked, raising a brow with a small laugh.

"Yep." I glanced at Draco who was leant the bed post and smirking at me before drawing myself together and stumbling out of the door and closing it quickly behind me before resting my head against the wall.
What just happened.

。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.*.☽ .* :☆゚.*.☽ .* :☆゚.*.☽ .* :☆゚.*.☽ .* :☆゚.*.☽ .* :☆゚.

A week passed of busy studying in the library in preparation of the final task; every free period, break and evening spent scouring through numerous books with Blaise, Theo and Draco.