Uncomfortable Situations (part 2)

Ten minutes later, the door to the Owl House opened as Hooty let Raine inside.
"Raine!! You're here!" Luz exclaimed, quickly wrapping her arms around the Bard.
"Hey Luz-" They responded as Luz let go.

"Eda's still upstairs in her room.." King said scaredly, clutching François tightly, "Can you please at least check on her..? I.. I don't want anything bad to happen to her.."

"Don't worry, kiddo," Raine knelt down and placed a hand between King's horns, "I'm gonna try everything I can to get her out of there."
"You promise?.." King asked.
"I promise." They smiled, and gently scratched beneath King's chin.

"Now," Raine began, taking their coat off and hanging it on the back of the couch, "You three stay down here, I can handle this by myself, alright?"

"Okay.." Luz agreed, nodding, while Raine walked upstairs.

--

When Raine made it to Eda's room, they knocked on the door.

"Go away..." Raine heard Eda mumble.
"Eda?.." They knocked again, "It's me, Raine.."
"Leave me alone.." Eda groaned.
"Can I come in? Please?.." They leaned against the door.
"No.. Go away.."
"I'm not leaving 'til you let me in."

"Ughh.. Fine.." Eda responded.

Raine slowly opened one of the large doors leading to Eda's room, and walked inside.

"Hey.." They said, locking the door behind them.
Eda didn't respond.

"Are you alright?.." Raine asked, sitting on the edge of Eda's nest.
Eda shook her head in response, tears slowly rolling down her face.

"Wanna talk about it?"
Eda shook her head again, choking on her sobs, and curling her knees to her chest.

"That's fine, you don't have to.." Raine climbed into Eda's nest with her, and pulled out a few bags of hex mix and a couple other snack foods from the bag around their shoulder, "I brought some stuff for you to eat, too. Y'know, not eating isn't very healthy for you.."

"I'm not hungry.." Eda mumbled, pushing the food away from her.
Raine sighed, "Come on, Eda, there's no way you're not hungry after two days of not eating anything."
"Really i-.. im not hungry." She responded, looking away.

"Please at least eat something... I'm not leaving until you do."
Eda sighed, "Fine.." She grabbed one of the bags of hex mix and opened it. Hesitating, she slowly ate a piece.

"See? You got this!" Raine smiled and stood up.
Eda rolled her eyes and ate another piece.
Eventually, Eda had eaten the whole thing.

"That wasn't so hard, now, was it?" Raine chuckled, and reached out a hand, "C'mon, stand up!"
Eda looked away, failing to hide her smile. She grabbed Raine's hand and stood.

"You know, everyone's really worried about you, Eda.." Raine sighed, clutching both of Eda's hands in their own.
Eda looked away quickly, holding back tears.
Raine continued, "Luz and Darius feel really bad about what happened, and they won't stop asking about you and worrying about you.. Luz told me she already tried apologizing..."

"I know, I know, and it was dumb of me to ignore her, I get it." Eda sighed.

Raine gently placed their hand on Eda's cheek, and wiped the tears she didnt even notice were falling.
"Can you promise me you'll go out there and forgive them?" Raine asked, smiling softly. Eda nodded in response.

Eda smiled slightly, her gaze moving from Raine's eyes, to their lips, and back again. She then leaned forward, and kissed them gently on the lips. Raine's eyes widened and they blushed as Eda pulled away.

"W-What was that for?!-" They asked, flustered.
"Consider it a thank you." Eda responded, smiling, as she walked out of the room and started downstairs.

Raine stood in the middle of the room, a loving smile on their face, as they took a moment to process what had happened.