Meeting the Parents [L.M.] ☀️🧊

Leighton Murray x fem!reader

Summary: When you meet your girlfriends' family. (Sorry I suck at summaries)

Warnings: literally just fluff

Word Count: 1.6k

A/N: Sorry about the ending, it's kind of rushed.

"Are you sure you want to do this? My parents can be... a lot."

You smile over at your girlfriend, taking your eyes off of the road for a second. "Yes, Leight. I'm sure I want to meet them. Even if I didn't, it would be kind of too late to turn around. We're like, thirty minutes away from their townhouse."

Leighton laughs, realizing that you're right. She then sees that you are about to get onto the Jersey Turnpike, meaning you were nearing the Lincoln Tunnel and the city of New York itself. She couldn't wait to show you all of her favorite places in the city, even though most of them are shops.

You were excited to formally meet your girlfriend's parents. You had seen them before, but for some reason Leighton had kept you away from them for as long as she could. You knew that you would probably spend most of this break carrying Leighton's shopping bags, but honestly, you couldn't care less. You just hoped that her parents would like you, and approve of your relationship.

When you arrived at the Murray townhouse, you couldn't help but hesitate as you walked up to the front door. Leighton notices and turns around, wondering if you were regretting coming home with her. "Babe, are you okay? If you really don't want to meet them, we can just stay in a hotel or something."

You smile down at your girlfriend, loving the caring side of her that she only shows with people that she is close with. "No, no, it's nothing like that. I just... I can't help but worry about them hating me."

Leighton cups your cheeks, holding your face between her hands. "They're going to love you just as much as I do. I promise. Now, Nico might give you the older brother talk even though you've met him before, but other than that, you're clear." You laugh softly, leaning in to give the blonde a quick peck.

You take a deep breath to settle your nerves, then say as confidently as you can, "Okay. Let's do this." Leighton grabs your hand, threading your fingers together. She then reaches up and presses the buzzer. Not even a second later, the door swings open. Standing in the door frame is a gray-haired man wearing a shirt that reads 'proud gay dad'.

He opens up his arms for a hug, and Leighton quickly lets go of your hand and hugs him back. "Hey, dad. I see you're still wearing the shirt. I told you it would make people think that YOU'RE gay, right?" The man smiles at her and says, "Hey, sweetheart! Yes, you did tell me that, but I think that it applies very well to our situation."

He then notices you standing awkwardly behind his daughter. He sticks out his hand and greets you warmly. "Hi! I'm Henry. You must be the Y/N that we hear so much about! Normally we have to force Leighton to tell us about her private life, but she just can't shut up about you. All good things, I promise."

Slightly taken aback by your girlfriend's father's friendliness, it takes you a second to shake your stupor. As soon as you do, you take the man's hand and shake it firmly. "Hi, yes. That's me. I'm happy that she likes to talk about me. My parents would say I do the same. I'm so glad that I can finally meet you, Mr. Murray."

Mr. Murray leads the two of you further into the townhouse, still chatting it up with you. "Please, call me Henry. I'm so happy that we're meeting as well! Seriously, I have heard SO much about you. So much." Slightly in front of you, a bright red Leighton shushes her dad. You both laugh at the flustered girl, and you grab her hand again.