Chapter 1

Yachi wakes up to a horrible pounding in her head. She squinted her eyes open as she took in the bright sun's rays, shining through Shoyo's windows.

"Hey, beautiful. You finally woke up." Yachi turns her head and sees Shoyo smiling at her. She gives him a small smile and pulls the covers over her face. Yachu feels Shoyo's arms wrap around her, pulling her body closer to him.

"What's wrong?" He pulls down the covers just enough so Yachi can see him.

"I have a headache, don't worry. It'll probably go away by the afternoon." Yachi tells him, burying her head in Shoyo's chest. Shoyo kisses her head and rubs her back.

"Well if it doesn't go away, then just tell me, and I'll stay here to take care of you," Shoyo whispers. And kiss her lightly.

"I'm sure it was just from the loud music last night.' Yachi reassures him, recalling the small, but very loud party Bokuto-san threw at Shoyo's place after MSBY Black Jackals won a match against Schweiden Adlers

"Maybe, but let's just make sure. I'll go make something to eat, and you continue to sleep. If you still have it, then I'll give you some medicine. Sounds good?" Shoyo looks Yachi in the eyes and She smiles at him. He glides his hand over her face, pushing her blonde hair away from her face.

"Thanks" Yachi say, and he kisses her forehead. Shoyo gives a strange face once he pulls back.

"What's wrong?" Yachi started to feel the throbbing in her head increase.

"You're hot." He says, and Yachi can't help but blush her face red.

"S-Shoyo-kun please stop teasing me"Shoyo pierces his lips together and puts his hand on Yachi's forehead this time.

"No, I'm serious Hitoka, You're always hot, obviously, but your head is actually getting hot. You might be catching a cold or a fever." Yachi reached up to touch her forehead but felt no temperature change. Shoyo sits upright in bed and gestures for her to sit up too. Once Yachi tries to lift her head off the pillow, the pain in her head starts to feel heavier and louder.

"Ow! Shit, that hurts." Yachi let her head fall back down. Why is she feeling like this? She didn't even drink last night!

"It's probably just going to get worse..." Shoyo checks the time on his nightstand before he continues. "I'll stay with you today"

"I'll be okay, Shoyo, you can go for your training. I'll be fine here. Don't skip just because of me." Yachi said feeling a little guilty, She knows how volleyball and training are important for Shoyo ,and she doesn't want him to miss them because of her.

"I know, but I can't leave you here. Let me call the coach, and I'll happily stay and take care of you." Yachi is about to protest but Shoyo immediately takes his phone from the nightstand and dials his coach's number. "Hey, I can't make it to practice today. I got a sick girlfriend I need to take care of...Yeah, I know...Thanks so much. Bye," He drops the phone on the bed and strokes her cheek.

"You didn't have to Shoyo" Yachi smiles softly and closes her eyes, praying she can hopefully get better by the time Monday comes.

"I don't have to, I want to. That's what boyfriends do, right? "Shoyo kisses her softly and gets up from bed, only wearing his boxers, and pulls on a white shirt.

"I need a bath, I feel a little sweaty, " Yachi said softly. Her body was covered in little sweat

Shoyo says, walking around the side of the bed and helping her off the bed.

"A bath sounds nice. I wish I can join you." Shoyo said and laughs, making Yachi's face turn red sometimes Shoyo is unabashedly blunt

"It only works for the sick, sorry. You're not sick, Shoyo."