Dire

"Hah," you sighed with a frown looking at your suit in the mirror. "this has got to be like the third time I've broken this promise."

You looked at yourself in the mirror and glared at the attire. "You should be dead. But I guess you are like Jesus. Just keep on risin' and risin'."

Walking away from the mirror Sibyl teleported into the room. He looked at you as you put on the mask.

"Well this might be fun." He said as you scoffed.

"Well I wish I didn't have to do this. 'Specially after all the times dad tells me to not go back." You said in disappointment.

"Who said you had to?" Sibyl asked.

"I don't want this to involve my friends and family. Some if not all of them know who I am. I can't risk that headache." You said before walking towards the window.

"Can I come?"

"No," you said opening the balcony door before standing on the railing. "I need you here in case the League needs to contact me for their mission. Keep things under control until I'm back."

At that you lept off the balcony and ran into the night. Sibyl looked out the window and heaved a sigh.

"Dammit," he said before closing the window. "how many times does she gotta be pulled back?"

~~~~~~~

Unsettling chatter filled the dark room. Heroes of the dark. Avengers in the shadows. They have gone to unexplainable lengths and leaps to protect the public. Although frowned upon by the government, they kept a sort of order in the world. An order that gives them life. Strength. Love even.

The man in charge of this order sat at the end of the long table. Named the Grandfather of the Dark, he's done excellence keeping the order in this world. Not a thing is known about this man, not even his name.

The One looked around the room as people chattered. It's been years since they've had to gather like this. Especially with someone like you roaming the streets of society keeping this in check. However it would appear that Chisaki unleashed something. Something angry. Something sinister.

"Please everyone," the old man said in a soft tone as the room began to quiet. "let us all please remain calm. Do not let us go into disarray."

"Dear elder," a man stood up in a respective tone. He wore Victorian style clothing and his accent was clearly English. Similar to you his face was hidden by a masquerade mask. "respectfully, you cannot expect us to remain calm. Chisaki has developed a drug that could hurt millions of people."

"I understand your concern."

"If you understand our concern then why are we sat here about to debate as if we don't know what to do?" A woman asked.

"Because we must be careful with our approach."

"That girl on the news a while ago wasn't careful." The man spoke again. "She walked straight up to All For One and put that demon into the ground. What's stopping us from doing the same."

"Figaro ple-"

"No wise one, I'm sorry, but I can't just sit here knowing that Chisaki is in kahoots with one of that monster's allies."

Suddenly a low and distorted giggle was heard in the dimly lit room. The vigilantes glanced around at eachother.

"Temper, temper." Said the voice as the shadow of a figure walked up behind the One and leaned on his chair. Your face was hidden by your mask but that smile. Oh, that sinister smile. "Figaro," the man stared in shock, as did many in the room at your presence. "I thought you respected the elder. You're very argumentative today old friend."