Chapter 87

I was also terrified of falling asleep. I frequently experience nightmares. In my dream, I was in a lake and was made to wear a laurel wreath that gradually shrank and tightened around my head. The director then abruptly appeared in a burned state and kept yelling at me that it was hot.

Then I was back in Nicor. Nicor was far too chilly. I didn't want to be in this cold, regardless of how hot the weather was. It was so cold that I started crying once more. A white hand then reached out and stroked my head. Then I remembered the laurel wreath......

"Sister, sister."

Someone shook my body.

"Rex..."

I was awakened by Rex. I hadn't seen Rex's blue eyes in quite some time. His expression was filled with concern for me.

I tried to reassure Rex by smiling as much as I could.

"What brings you here?"

"I'm worried about sister....... Are you all right?"

"I'm all right."

"You said your head hurts in your sleep, so if you have a serious headache, should I bring some medicine?"

"No, it's fine. Would you like to come up?"

Although my head was still tight, I didn't feel the need to take any medication. And I didn't want to worry anyone.

Instead, I tapped the bed to signal Rex to come up, and he, who had been worried for a while, came up to my bed and lay down facing me.

"Are you all right?"

"I'm all right."

"I'm sorry..."

"How come Rex feels sorry for me?"

He suddenly started crying and apologized, but I didn't understand why. Why is Rex feeling sorry for me? I swiftly reached up and gently dabbed Rex's tears. I can't just carelessly touch Rex's skin because it seems so fragile. The corners of his eyes are soft.

"Sister always protected me......."

"Rex."

"Heuk. Uhmm... For me, your eyes and hair are pretty, heuk."

"Oh my. Rex's hair and eyes are really pretty too."

"Well, stop talking like that."

It's incredible no matter how many times I think about it. In the original story, how did a crybaby become a villain? He looks like a puppy with golden fur.

To calm Rex down, I gave him a shoulder pat. Perhaps as a result of my gesture with my hand, Rex gradually stopped crying.

"Rex has nothing to apologize for."

"I wanted to help, but I couldn't find anything, nothing came out.""Think about it, Rex."

"Yes..."

"Have I actually helped you in any way?"

"No, heuk, that's not it."

"If you think about it, I only said your hair color was pretty, and the thing about Baron Bruno, Gilbert did a lot more than me."

Rex was silent for a moment, as if he was thinking. I tried to smile as sweetly as I could.

"But I'm sure you're glad to have me by your side."

"......Yes."

"You feel like you're not alone when you think of me, and you feel good without knowing why."