Chapter 2

Broken fingernails dug into the soft concrete, marking another scraggly line. Blood dripped down her hand, but she couldn't feel any pain. She never knew if she was truly marking the correct days, but she could hear when more people began walking around the hospital. So to her, that became a new day. The girl watched the blood drip slowly swim down her hand, and pool on the cold tile floor that she sat on. It had been a few days since she had seen the other doctor, he hadn't come back for her like he said he would. Another broken promise made to the broken girl. 

"He'll come, Maeve. He is probably figuring out how to help you. You just have to be patient." Harvey said, gently guiding her hands away from the wall. He had seen enough of her blood to last a lifetime, and he hated when she inflicted the pain on herself. 

"Not real." Maeve mumbled quietly to herself. She had decided to herself, that Carlisle was not real. He wasn't going to saving her. Maeve had to accept that fact sooner rather than later. There was no reason for hope anymore. 

"Don't be like that, Maeve." Thomas scolded, not liking that someone who he cared deeply for, was giving up hope. 

Everything was quiet in the small room for once, as the three people watched the sixteen year old girl stare only at the blood on the floor. Then the sound of a pair of shoes clicked down the hallway the prison was in. Maeve's body coiled in fear, knowing those steps easily. Barton was coming, and she honestly had no idea if she would survive another punishment from him. She knew biting Schmidt would get her in trouble, but Maeve just did not care anymore. They took everything from her, she was nothing but a dying soul in a broken body. A ghost ready to pass the river of Styx. 

The door opened quickly, Barton strolling in without any hesitation. He sneered down at the mess that Maeve had made on the ground. She was sitting in her own blood. Dirty blood. She was dirty, yet he was here to cleanse her. 

"Let's play a game, number Seven. Come, get up, love. I promise this will be fun, I just need you to stay quiet for me." He gripped her bicep, easily picking the girl up to her feet. 

Maeve stumbled to her feet, having no choice but to be dragged to the gurney in the middle of the room. She watched silently, no longer having any fight left in her, as he strapped her down making sure the straps were tight enough. There was no longer any pain as he taped wires all over her body, turning up the volume on the machine every few minutes. Maeve was always in pain, this was nothing new. 

As Barton eventually got bored, he went to his favorite method of breaking Maeve. He told her that he could make her pure. That he could fuck the demons out of her. No tears fell down her cheeks anymore, as she just stared at the pool of blood on the floor. This was her life, and she accepted that long ago. Get shocked by wires, have instruments shoved through her eye, and get fucked. Day in and out. Maeve truly believed that death would be easier than this. At least she would be at peace. 

Maeve didn't listen to Harvey pleading at her for to anymore. The first few times, she would keep her eyes closed so tight it was almost painful. Then, Barton made her look at him. Make her watch the demons leave her body as he said. But eventually, even with getting hit by him, Maeve just stared blankly at anything in the room that she could find. Usually it was the etchings she dug with her own nails, or whatever pool of blood was on the floor at the time. 

Maeve spent the rest of the time, tuning everything out, even the voices of her family, just praying to any god to listen to her. Take her from this life. Even if she had to take her life by her own hand. 

It was the very first time, in the blond vampires life, that he felt true anxiousness. He knew that if he still had a beating heart, it would be running on overdrive. As the sun set on Sunday, it was now or never to save poor Maeve's life. Carlisle knew that Barton, and the fellow doctor, were both gone for the night and would be for the next few days. It helped that tonight, the hospital was quiet for the most part.