Prologue... Or is it?

The Storm... the Sudden Spike on Radar... I remember the day... the  day our fates were changed. What we didn't know... was how the nation going to react, or what the future plans were to be held...

March 21st, 1970
First Mechanized Guard Division
0500 Hours

The division charged with defending the capital of Muskovy was set to conduct a live-fire exercise with the Hundred and Third Motor-rifle Division, Fifth Airborne Assault Division, and the First Air Defense Wing.

"Comrades, the weather may be against us, but we must be ready to fight in any condition! URA!!!!" A loud sounding URA echoed in the area before raid sirens blew loudly as MiG-19s and Su-7s flew above, as well as the Mi-24s. T-62s and BMP-1s roared to life as the various units began to move from their assembly areas.

Within a few minutes, the roar of wind, the blinding rain and dust, and the mere lack of any other sound gave way to silence.... deafening silence. The air was colder, snow fell as the various members of the presented units slowly turned over the engines. "All units report in!" "Czar Brigade here!" "Red guards reporting!" "Artillery reporting!"

Similar instances were reported across the republic.

Stormwind City, 0750 Local Time

Varian walked forward to the war room, still waking from the night's sleep. "What is the situation?" The various marshals and mages were talking amongst themselves as their king walked in. "Your Majesty, it appears some sort of continent... appeared in the middle of the Great Sea... Where the Maelstrum used to be... And it is roughly the size of Northrend."

Varian frowned. "Then why have we not moved to secure this land before the Horde does? Ready the Third Fleet and its attached Legion! If we have a sizable territory full of resources, we can defeat the Horde the next time they try anything."

Orgrimmar, 0550 Local Time

Thrall groaned as he felt the elements screech loudly from the anomaly, having him done the armor and hammer as he met with his closest allies. "The elements... are in turmoil. As if something was unnatural..."

Saurfang nodded. "Several of our scout ships noticed an uncharted landmass in the middle of the Great Sea. But the size of the land is too large for us not to miss." Cairne hummed softly. "I would advise we at least set up a scouting base there, to see if it is inhabited, and if so, who owns the lands."

Thrall nodded. "Saurfang, you will lead the expedition. If we can either find allies or secure the land from the Alliance, we will be in a better position." Saurfang saluted. "I will assemble the best scouts and ships we have!"

Muskovy, 1100 Hours.

"The entirety of our nation and armed forces are accounted for. What is not is our satellites that were not above our nation when... the storm happened. We are currently mapping out the surrounding areas slowly. But we are surrounded on all sides by water... and that means, the navy will need more funding." An intelligence official spoke plainly to the President, who rubbed her forehead. "And is anything incoming? Forces, missiles?" "No, Comrade. But the Military is on high alert."

The President nodded before standing, looking out the window as the gently falling snow, noting the drop in temperature. "As President and Commander-in-Chief of the Red Army, I, Nonna Yakovich, order the military to confirm any bogeys before firing unless fired upon first."

The Military liaison nodded before leaving the room, followed by the intel officer. "By God... What has started..." She felt a foreboding force bearing down on her as she just looked out the window, thinking on the next move....