Taste

A knock at the door startles Logan, and he sits up quickly, only for vertigo to hit him hard and cause him to fall back onto the bed, clutching his head with a groan. 

His glasses had been safely set to the side, and Remus - who's chilling next to him on his phone - sets a comforting hand on Logan's thigh. 

"What?!" Remus shouts, through his shut door. 

A loud voice responds. "Janus and I made dinner!" It's very clearly Roman, but the mention of Janus has Logan snapping wide awake, pushing himself to sit up again and grab his glasses. His face flushes at the reminder that his friend from school now knew he was selling himself sexually in order to avoid being kicked out of his shitty apartment. 

Sure, Janus was doing a similar thing, but the difference between the two of them was Janus was a lot less pathetic, and Logan always prided himself on becoming someone someday. Someone important. Someone professional. 

Not someone's sex doll. 

"What'd you make?" 

Logan turns to Remus, who then turns to him and winks, smiling casually. It's more of an amused grin, obviously hoping Logan would stay and join them for dinner. 

"Pasta!" 

"Very fucking specific." 

Janus's voice suddenly rings through the door, causing Logan to freeze up all over again. "If you want to know what kind it is, you and Logan can come see for yourself." He's snarky as he says it, though it's clear that he's smiling through his voice. 

How could Janus be so casual about this too? He just didn't understand. Were there some social criteria that he was misunderstanding right now? He had never been the best at interpreting social situations. 

He turns towards Remus, reading an excited expression on his face. Remus turns to meet his gaze. His smile falls. 

"You look pale." 

"Literally, or metaphorically?" Logan can only guess it's both, but he turns away from Remus, feeling weirdly guilty about the way that he's feeling. He shouldn't have such an extreme reaction to Janus's presence, but maybe completely ignoring confronting the negative feelings wasn't the best idea. 

Stupid Remus being stupidly hot and distracting. 

Remus leans in closer to him, a hand landing on one of Logan's bare thighs. His thumb gently presses and massages over the muscle. 

"I promise you Janus isn't judging you. He's been around for a while; if anything, he knows exactly what it's like to be you." Remus presses a kiss to the side of Logan's face, unnervingly gentle, before he gently bites it, causing Logan to pull away in surprise at Remus's weirdness. Remus grins though, as Logan's no longer looking away from him. "How do you think he found this job? A friend of a friend of a friend." 

"That doesn't make sense."

Remus rolls his eyes, though he huffs out a laugh. "It's a joke. But he did know somebody who used to work with us, and that's how he found Roman. And believe me, he sees Roman more than you see me." 

There's a slight jab in there, but it's not malicious or intended to make Logan feel guilty. If anything, it's sort of a nod to the fact that he has no reason to feel ashamed or embarrassed. The fact that Janus wasn't over the other time Logan had been here was because he was out with Roman on a quick date. Coincidence, really. 

"Look, Logan, all I'm saying is you don't need to feel embarrassed. I understand why you might, but I'm confident that Janus literally does not care. And considering the extremely fatiguing - and rather fun - round with sex we just had, I think it'd be best if we both just went and gorged on carbs."