✧ | prologue | ✧

— ✧ — ❀ — ✧ —

The gate of the juvenile prison opened as the fifteen year old stepped out with a suspicious gaze, looking in front of her, she saw her non-blood related family

The gate of the juvenile prison opened as the fifteen year old stepped out with a suspicious gaze, looking in front of her, she saw her non-blood related family. The Torettos, "Hey, Lauren." The bald man smiled. The brunette ran up to him and hugged him immediately, "You guys came!" She looked around before seeing her "sister" Mia. "Where's my parents?" Lauren broke the hug as it fell silent. "They didn't come." The brunette gulped, looking down. "Oh."
Mia Toretto bumped her side and smiled, "You can stay with us till you get your stuff together." Her chocolate eyes shown sincerity and Lauren laughed and shook her head playfully, "You've done enough. Picking me up was the most you could do." Dominic patted her head, earning a scoff from the 5'6 teenager. "Would you stop that?" She glared at her bald brother. "Taking you to our house is the last thing we'll do, deal?" Dominic lent his hand out to seal the deal, Lauren smirked and shook it. "Deal."

Nights passed nights as the Torettos and the group had been making money by street racing, all being talented at it.
Four different colored cars made their way to the LA street race, the drivers all being recognized as great racers. "Dom, you came!" One man shook his hand after retreating from his car. "She's a beauty, isn't she?" Dom asked with a fresh smile before Lauren walked up, catching the eye of Jesse, she smirked before leaning on the worldwide known racer, "What you got for us, DJ?" She asked with a childish smile. "Lauren, you're looking hot!" The supposed man named DJ, "There's two racers here for the both of you." Lauren smirked, but shook her head. "I hope you voted for me." Lauren winked before walking toward the racers with a smirk playing on her face. She took the cash, that was wrapped in a hair tie, out of her bra before displaying it to her opponents. "Get ready to lose this much cash." Lauren tossed it to DJ, who held Dominic's and the other's money. She walked toward her blue McLaren, the same color showing underneath the body. She drove to the line as everyone backed up, her focus was already on the race as all two racers nervously looked toward them. "Ready..." her foot was on the accelerator, "Set," Lauren smirked,
"....Go!" She quickly changed her clutch to drive and slammed on the accelerator, releasing smoke from behind her as everyone cheered. Lauren changed the gears and was tying with Dominic while the other two were left in the dust, "Still think you can beat me, bro?" Lauren was still facing the road before a swerve interfered. "I don't think, I win." Dominic changed his gears on cue did Lauren change hers and they were drifting beside each other. "Uh, uh. Naughty boy," She rocked her index finger back and forth before gesturing 'bye' before taking the lead. Winning the race.
Her door opened and closed as she laughed, "Nice race, boys." She smirked before pacing toward Jesse, looking at his 71 Malibu Classic, "This your car?" Lauren leaned toward him, he nods, "Y-yeah." Lauren traced the car before leaning on the driver's door. "It's hot," She bravely complimented, moving her hand toward his shoulder, down  on to his hand before turning to Dominic dragging. "Dom, this is my friend." She wrapped his arm around her waist and smirked at his nervousness, "What's your name, kid?" Dominic asked. "Jesse.. Nice to meet you." Dominic replaced his resting face with a smile, "Welcome to the team."
Jesse smiled before leaning his head on Lauren's shoulder.