Chapter 25(shes mine)

Rick POV
I hadn't noticed really how pretty Jenna was, and at that moment when I walked in to see her making Carl laugh, a sound I haven't heard for awhile, I went into a trance.

I sat on her bed and placed my hand on her knee. When I looked into her beautiful green eyes it felt perfect, I started leaning in to kiss her when she pulled away just when our lips had just barley brushed up against each others.

I snapped out of it. How could I try to do that? Lori was right downstairs, Daryl was in the room across from here, how stupid was I?

"Jenna.. I.." But she didn't say anything, just grabbed some clothes from her drawer and left.

God dammit, what was I supposed to do now?

Jenna POV
Rick was just about to kiss me, I could feel his breath on my face when he leaned in, just when his lips were about to touch mine I pulled away.

How could he do that? And how could I almost let him? I quickly stood up, grabbed some clothes and scrambled out of the room. I flew past Daryl and Maggie on the way to the bathroom.

I closed the door and locked it behind me, "jenna? Are you okay?" I heard maggie ask.

I had to think of an excuse, "uh.. Ya I'm fine, just really need to brush my.. Uh.. Hair."

I heard the question in her voice, "ok." She laughed, "have fun with that." Then I heard another knock on the door,

"go away rick!" I said loud enough for whoever it was to hear me.

"It's not rick." I heard a heavy accent say. I quickly put my new clothes on and opened the door.

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else." I explained to Daryl.

"Why'd you run out of your room so fast? And why did you assume it was rick at the door?" He had a stern look on his face. I just turned around and pulled my long hair from my bun. I brushed through it then put a fishtail braid in it to the side.

"I'm not playing Jenna." He said crossing his arms.

"It's none of your business." I said pushing past him, but it was no use, he grabbed my arm and closed the door.

"Daryl, I promised Carl I would.." He cut me off.

"Don't fucking lie to my Jenna, what did you do with rick?" He was standing over me, but I held my ground.

"I didn't do anything! He tried to kiss me but I didn't let him. It was an honest mistake, he didn't mean to." Daryl's face turned into pure hatred.

"He tried to kiss you?" He asked.

I sighed, "yes but please don't tell anyone, there isn't a need to pull him and Lori apart." I tried to reason with him but he was just ignoring me.

"This isn't ok Jenna." He started pacing back and forth,

"it isn't a big deal, we didn't actually kiss." He turned back to me,

"were you going to kiss him? If he didn't pull away?" I could see a slight look of hurt in his eyes,

"I was the one who pulled away, so no, I wouldn't have kissed him. Why are you getting so worked up about this?" I asked him. He looked at the ground then up to me.

"Because I thought, ya know," but I didn't, I didn't know what he was trying to say.

"No Daryl, I don't know." He sighed.

"I thought we was something, me and you." He was biting his thumb nail, like he did when he was nervous. I couldn't help but smile.

"So you're jealous? You thought I liked rick, right?" He looked at me then shook his head,