Dinner Shenanigans

(Suicide Attempt?)

"Uhm.... Okay We'll be out in a bit." I say. He nods and runs off.

I walk back into the room and inhale from my joint again.

"Dinners ready." I say.

"Fuck." Violet says.

I look at the two boys, they are both on the floor now, playing rock paper scissors but their responses are very delayed.

"Why aren't you zooked yet?" I ask.

"Minnie and I smoked together on sundays instead of attending the school's little church session." Violet says.

"Oh, fun. " I say, smiling.

"So I'll babysit Louis and you babysit Marlon, deal?" She asks.

" Woah- I need to finish this joint first. " I say.

" Dude are you like immune to that shit or is it like a delayed response. " Violet asks.

" Delayed. " I respond. I stub it out on my hand and put it in my pocket.

"Okay, c'mon boys. Psspspsps" I say, approaching them.

" Dinner time~" Violet says in a high voice, as if they were dogs.

I slowly pull Marlon and while Louis just stands on his own.

"C'mon." I say, pulling Marlon along as we head outside. Violet has to keep Louis from hitting any walls. Louis just keeps tiptoeing and giggling...

I smile.

"Goodluck on the way back" I tell Vi.

"Nah, goodluck to you. This shits kicking in." Violet says, smiling.

"This night will be chaos. " I say. We make it outside.

" Help Lou down the stairs if you can. " I say, she nods.

We all successfully get down, Vi takes Louis and Marlon to the table while I grab the bowls.

woah.

dude the grass is dancing holy shit.

I bring the bowls over to the group and sit down. Marlon sits next to me while Louis sits next to Vi. Louis is able successfully eat while Marlon misses his mouth with the spoon everyone in a while.

Aasim sits down on my side of the table, then Ruby sits at Violet's side.

"Play it cool." I mouth to Violet.

"Ew there's a bug in my soup!" Ruby exclaims, flinging the bug off of her spoon. Louis, for whatever reason, laughs loudly at it.

"You alright?" Ruby asks.

"Yes." Louis responds calmly. I slide my empty bowl to the middle of the table. 

AJ runs over to me.

"Hi Goofball." I say, trying to distract myself from the fact that his face is swirling.

"Wanna play catch? I found a ball." He says, holding a beach ball.

" Sure... " I say, standing up. I almost immediately fall over but I stabilize soon after.

He leads me to the small clearing by the gate and tosses the ball to me. I catch it and throw it back to him... It sort of just rolls out of my hands and onto the ground. I kick it to him.

"You don't kick the ball in catch!" AJ says. I smile. He throws it to me again. I go to catch it sooner than I should and it bounces off my hands, back to him.