The Lost Princess and her Knight in Shining armour Ch1

Don't let people in, you're ony going to be inviting disaster if you do. This is what Samantha had learned from her three years on this planet, nobody wanted her, even her family. 

Her family consisted of her mother, her father and her twin sister, but none of them payed attention to the youngest of the twin sisters, born two hours later. 

The one thing she didn't understand was, why couldn't she make friends? She was kind, good humoured, always loved to listen to people and was probably the fastest runner in her class. Despite all of these traits, no body wanted to be near her, and always mocked her when she got her answers wrong. 

Everyone had a name for her, Samantha the sad Clown or Samantha the loser. She had a a name for herself as well, Mrs natural disaster. She wasn't sure what it meant but she knew enough about being forgotten to understand that she was a mistake. 

Right now, she was sitting on her bed, in her room getting ready for school, their parents always spent more time with Charlie, sometimes Samantha felt like she was a ghost and even when their parents finally remembered that they had two daughters, it was only to tell her dinner was ready. 

She looked at herself in the mirror, she was three years old but was quite tall for her age, with abnormally long legs she often found herself chuckling at herself, they reminded her of her pet tarantula, Edmund, the same creature was currently climbing up and down her arm, waiting for her to finish. 

She had received Edmund on her second birthday, which was also the day that her spoiled, half of a twin sister, perfect little Charlie was brought into the world and their sweet parents fell in love with her. 

She felt resentful towards Charlie, she loved her but she hated that Charlie was the one who got their attention, but not Samantha, no, Samantha got ignored for whatever reason. 

"well, what do you think, Edmund?" she asked the tarantula. Today she had picked a dark black sweatshirt and dark grey shorts to go along with her dark blue shoes. all the better to not be noticed. Samantha thought. The tarantula twitched it's back two legs in agreement, and Samantha sighed. 

"Well, at least someone likes me for who I am. All of the other girls hate me and I never understand why, oh! It's time to go! See you later Ed!" she put the spider back into the cage, left some food in his bowl and left. 

*******

On the school bus, Samantha sat next to a quiet girl, whom she had never heard speak, nor did she appear to have any friends. And she always saw the girl just sitting and reading a hefty book, it appeared to be her touchstone.