Chapter 2: Raising Concerns

Note: Imma warn y'all, this chapter might be short.

(Nickel's pov)

I'm laying in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. It's 4 in the god damn morning and I still having gotten any sleep. Why am I getting so worked up over some.. squeaky voiced-
Sigh..
I sit up.
Then I facepalm into the bed.
Ughhh. I probably look so stupid right now.
But.. I have to do something. The sooner I get it over with the better.. right?

(Back to narrator)

Nickel hesitantly shifted to the edge of the bed, jumping off.
He walked to his door and headbutted it open, walking out after.
He walked down to the kitchen to get a snack, or something to drink.

(Nickel's pov)

Maybe hydrating myself would help. I am pretty thirsty right now.. thirsty for adventure!
..ok. That was incredibly cheesy. Please never do that again.

(Back to narrator)

He was surprised to see...
Microphone?
Digging through the fridge.
Nickel took a few steps towards her before saying,
"What are you doing??"
She yelped and jumped, bumping her head on the door of the fridge, creating a loud CLANG!
Luckily it wasn't loud enough to wake everyone up.
"My gosh! Don't sneak up on people like that, Nickel. Oh, and.. uh... Nothing. Nevermind that, what about you? Why are you up so late?"

"I can't sleep. I've been cough th..thinkingabutblodn."

"Sorry, what was that?"

"I've COUGH been thinkgaboutbalun.."

"Nickel, I can't-"

"I'VE BEEN THINKING ABOUT ABOUT BALLOON! I know it's stupid, but I just can't get him out of my mind! Me and him had a little argument this morning and I may have went a little too far, and then he ran off into the woods and he hasn't come back and.. and... shakey exhale As much I HATE to admit it.. I think.. this is all my fault."

Mic was a little taken aback. Did all of that worriesome, frustrated rambling really come out of Nickel?
After processing what he said for a moment, she replied.

"Listen, Nickel. If you're that worried about him, I wouldn't hold back. Go look for him. And if you want, I can get some others to help."

Nickel puffed up his cheeks.

"sigh It'll be worth it when you find him. You wouldn't have to worry anymore, either. Trust me!"

Nickel exhaled the air back out.

"It's embarrassing.. but... Fine. Just.. let me discover him, okay? After that little stunt I pulled, I should really... Ap.. apolsize- that one word I hate saying. Talk to him. That's it, yeah."

"Well, alright. It's basically 5 am already, so I'm probably gonna go back to sleep soon. And you should, too. Or at least try to. You probably won't be able to focus on anything later today if your all sleep deprived."

Nickel sighed loudly.
"Yeah.. ok."
He waved (with his foot) bye to mic and headed back up to his room.

He flopped face first onto the bed, groaning.
His voice was muffled as he talked into the bedsheets.

"This.. is going to be a looooong night."

Wowie! Yeah, I know pretty short. But this is for you guys to catch your breath before the next few eventful & long chapters!
Once again, I hope y'all enjoyed this short one and I will try to get the next chapter done and out soon :)
Love ya and see you next time
-Ames

Word count: 565