1. Sanity

Life. Fairly simple if you ask me. So many people make such a big deal of it. I myself just get on with it, why stress? I'm 14, what do I really have to worry about? I have a warm house, a good education and a family. There's obviously much more I want but I was taught not to be greedy, not that that's stopped me.

I strolled out of the house and jumped into my mum's blue Porsche.

"Ready pumpkin?" Mum asked from the drivers seat.

"Yep" I smiled as I buckled my belt. The radio played softly as we rode down twisting country roads, the morning air drifting up my nostrils through the open window. About 10 minutes late the car pulled up outside my school and I grabbed my satchel and undid my seat belt.

"Later pumpkin, have a good day" My mum smiled.

"I will mum, bye!" I smiled, waving her off as I closed the car door.

I made my way onto the playground and smiled as my group of giggly friends came into view. I pushed my way through various crowds effortlessly and stopped, positioning myself between them.

"Hey!" Said Amy, a loud, clumsy red-head.

"Hi" I replied. I felt a nudge and I turned to my left to see Tamzyn, a short, brunette grinning at me.

" Molly saw Nathan again!" She beamed. I chuckled at molly, a tall raven haired girl sulking at the edge of the group.

"Stop going on about it" she groaned. "I'm beginning to think you're the one who has a crush on him" I left them to it and wandered a few steps to my right and greeted Davina, a short, maybe a little fat, and shockingly white blonde haired girl and Eloise, a short, mousey haired girl.

"Hey" they said in unison and burst out laughing, I joined them.

"Hey" I replied. "So, you ready for our maths exam today?" I grinned, knowing they wouldn't be.

"Fuck!" Davina yelled, loud enough for a teacher to hear and come wandering over. We all burst out laughing as she got horribly yelled at for about 10 minutes more. This is about as close to sanity as they're going to get, but I doubt I'd have it any other way.