" I Swear on my Life. " || Jean.

Timeline; End of S3, just after the conclusion of the operation to take back Wall Maria.
Y/N's age; 15
Female!Y/N.
--
Y/N's POV;

As you settle in the lounge, holding your face in your hands, Jean settles beside you. Your eyes dart towards him as he runs his hands through his disheveled ash-brown hair.

A loud groan escapes the boy. Connie, kneeling beside the injured Sasha, glances up. " I didn't think it'd go that badly.. " Connie mumbles with an anxious glance at his wounded friend,  who was asleep at the moment.

Jean nods in agreement. " We lost so much.. " His voice is shockingly quiet. " But it was worth it. " Eren enters the conversation. " Wall Maria belongs to humanity once more. "

" But we lost Commander Erwin.. " mumbles Armin. You glance around and sigh. Mikasa opens her mouth, but you interrupt before she can speak. " Losses are going to come with these missions. We should be glad the entire Scout Regiment wasn't knocked out. "

Sasha's eyes flicker open. Mikasa eyes you sharply. " We almost were, " she reminds you. " But we weren't, " you answer calmly. Jean suddenly grabs your hand, and your face heats up slightly as you glance at him. " Jean? "

The boy stands, your hand rising with him. You blink at him in confusion. All eyes turn to him. " [Y/N] is right. We should be glad. It's only insane luck that we're all here now, having this conversation. " Jean states.

Your eyes travel once more around the room. Connie is nodding, and Sasha is copying weakly. Eren has a determined look in his eyes, and Armin clenches his fist. Even Mikasa seems inspired, her eyes glittering. Then a new voice pipes up.

" You're all insane! " Exclaims Floch. All eyes shoot toward him. Eren is first to speak. " Maybe we are. But this sort of insane determination is what makes a Scout. "

Floch slides down the wall he stood against and pulls his knees up to his chest, his hands gripping his hair harshly. " No! If this is what being a Scout is like, I'm leaving! " exclaims the boy.

Mikasa stands and walks over to him. " Now, Floch. We all understand your fear -- we've been there. But we all pushed through, and-- "

Floch cuts her off with a wail. " I can't push through! I'm weak, and I'm a coward! I don't belong here! "

Jean grips your hand tighter and looks at you. You lock eyes with him, and he drags you away. He seems disturbed when Floch cries, " we're all gonna die anyway. What's the point?! "

Neither of you hear any more as you enter a private room. Jean shuts and locks the door, then stands in front of you. He's a few inches taller than you, but you're the perfect height to bury your face in his chest.

" [Y/N], " He begins quietly, cupping your face and holding your chin. Your face heats up again when you see the look in his eyes. Pure adoration. One might even say love.

" Would you ever leave the Scouts? " He asks. Fear flickers in his eyes for no more than a heartbeat. You shake your head, shocked by the question. " Never. I belong here. " You tell him in a sure tone.

Jean sighs and sinks onto his knees. You copy and place your hands over his. " Jean.. " You begin. He shakes his head and grips your hands.

" I love you so much, [Y/N], " admits the Scout. You blink, then your face softens. " I love you too, Jean. "

" I swear on my life, I'll keep you safe. I'll be with you forever. " He promises. You nod, tears pricking your eyes and rolling down your cheeks as you realize just how much Jean cares about you.

" Thank you, Jean. Thank you. " You murmur, collapsing into his arms. He runs his hand through your long, [H/C] hair.

Love swells in your heart, making your chest ache. Eventually, you fall asleep, comfortable in content in Jean's arms.
--
br

hope yall like this, more soon! I'm in class rn so this is Hella risky but yknow.

a really random word count; 690.