Chapter 2

"It's almost time..." I huff. "Let's hope it's an easy night" Inessa stands. "I hate night shifts..." Nicholas groans. "All the ladies hit on you, Nicholas," Inessa raises an eyebrow. "Yeah and it stresses me out". I snicker.

"Villain attack by Capital Bank, please remain indoors. If you're outdoors, please find safety immediately" The news channel announces. "Capital Bank? That's right around the corner" Nicholas states. I walk toward the door, lock it and walk back to my coworkers. Other than Nicholas and Inessa, the rest of our coworkers left.

THUD.

The three of us freeze. I quickly grab the metal bat under the counter. "Y/n! Help me! Grab a medkit!" I recognized Deku's voice. I quickly grab the medkit and run upstairs, Nicholas and Inessa follow.

"What happened?!" I reach him. "Kacchan was shot" Deku opens the medkit. "Inessa, Nicholas, do me a favor and look for any blood in the kitchen and out here. Clean it, please." I nod toward them. They nod and go.

I watch as Deku struggles and kneel down, grabbing his wrist. "Go and help your comrades. I'll help him". I can sense his hesitation. "Trust me" I push him to the side, gently. He nods and leaves. I quickly start to help Dynamite.

"How'd your dumbass allow yourself to get shot" I raise an eyebrow. "Did you just call me a dumbass?" He whips his head toward me. "Yeah". He rolls his eyes, "I got distracted...". "Woah, the Dynamite got distracted? By what?" I tilt my head to the side. "Shitty Deku". I mouth an 'Oh'. "Do me a favor and don't get shot again, okay? I don't want my coworkers to clean up blood again...". "Shouldn't you be helping them?" The hero cocks an eyebrow. "I have to babysit" I grin. He's silent for a second. "Like hell, you do. Go help them". I shake my head, "I'm serious. I have to watch over you and your wound". "I'm fine" He groans. "Shut up" I roll my eyes playfully. "Did you just tell me to shut up? You're lucky this hurts...". "Like you'd do anything... Actually, you probably would" I shake my head. "Damn right I would, dumbass" Dynamite grins. I start to laugh. "Woah, Kacchan, are you being nice?" Deku's voice comes from behind.

I stand up, "You're back". He nods with a grin. "What do you mean? I'm always nice" Dynamite raises an eyebrow. Deku and I look at each other. "Right, the Dynamite being nice..." I play with my thumbs. He throws the gauze at me. "Wow, you're so nice..." I roll my eyes. "Fuck off". Deku snickers at our bickering. "Is he okay?" Aizawa sensei walks in. I tense up at the sight of my old homeroom teacher. "Y/n, nice to see you again" He nods. "Nice to see you too, Sensei" I grin. Dynamite and Deku look at me and Aizawa. "You guys know each other?" Deku questions. "She was my old student" Aizawa kneels next to Dynamite. "Can you get up, kid?". "Yeah.." Dynamite slowly rises. "The ambulance is waiting for you down stairs, we need to hurry. You've already lost a lot of blood" Sensei stats. The walk toward the door to head downstairs. "Goodbye Dynamite, get better soon. Goodbye Sensei" I wave. "Call me Bakugo... I have a good feeling we'll be seeing each other more thanks to Deku..." He walks out with Aizawa. I want to ask him what he means but his health is more important. I look at Deku and he looks nervous again. I open my mouth to say something but Inessa and Nicholas walk out. "We finished cleaning so we're gonna head out" Inessa informs. "Thank you, when you leave do you mind locking the main doors?" I smile. She nods and gives me a hug, "Goodnight Y/n~". I shoot her a playful glare as she lets go. "Night Y/n" Nicholas stands at the door waiting for Inessa. "Goodnight you two".

I turn to Deku, "Are you okay? You're not hurt are you?". "No, I'm okay" He waves his hands. "Thank you for taking care of him. You guys seem to get along well". "It's the least I could do and I guess so... We'll be seeing each other a lot more because of you apparently" I smirk at the last part. He rubs the back of his neck with a grin on his lips. "Oh, I apologize for bringing him here and have you look after him" The green-haired hero apologizes. "Deku, it's fine. I'm just glad I could help" I smile. He smiles and I start to feel myself get nervous which is odd.

"Do you need help getting home? It's getting late" Deku asks. "I'm okay". He's silent for a moment. "Okay well, I'm going to go out that window... the news reporters are down there". I chuckle, "Okay, goodnight Deku,". He leaves.

At last, I close down the restaurant properly and go home.