47 | Jeongguk

✰ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Good morning! Did you sleep well?"

I pulled the black handle but swiftly made myself comfortable in the car. Glancing over, pinkish orange hues of the early morning light spilled over the man's face, adding a natural streak of brown in his shiny hair but lighting up his tawny orbs exorbitantly.

"Someone seems to be in a good mood." Jungkook chuckled, turning his head sideways but fixing me with his pretty eyes, "Good morning to you too baby."

Today was the day of the big quiz. Did I get a good night's sleep? Yes! Was I exhausted at all? No! Was I terrified of what today's outcome would be?

Well...

"A family member is also invited, you're not bringing any?" He frowned when I shook my head. Dad and Jimin were already out for their respective reasons and the woman in the house… she wouldn't be too interested in being dragged to a boring quiz. So it was alright!

"You're my family." my lips moved on their own, watching Jungkook's chocolate doe-eyes widen, veiny hand on the steering wheel tensing as he steered his gaze away from me,  brilliant shades of red slowly reaching his handsome face.

The competition day wasn't an exam that I had to give in writing, but an interschool quiz competition, thus increasing my thirst to win and prove myself amplifying, but you know, in a good way.

"Are you nervous?"

I blinked at the question, my voice getting breathy as my eyes roamed around the crowd of the competitors, "Uh...now that you mention, yes."

The sweet man beside me let out a sweet noise, much like a chuckle, slipping his hands down mine and lacing our fingers together, looking at me with his equally sweet gaze. "Remember one thing. There's nothing you don't already know, whenever you face a problem, just look back and remember what you studied before. You know it all."

Coolness of relief fanned over my body and my lips automatically stretched in a soft smile that wasn't forced, nothing was, in his presence. "I'll keep that in mind and if ace this quiz...will you gimme your babies?"

Jungkook's chocolaty eyes widened uncontrollably, truly showcasing the beauty of their doe-ness as I had caught him off guard, before my comment even made sense to him, and then, he scoffed, long fingers reaching up to cup his ears as he shook his head.

The sweet melodious sound of his laugh was the last thing I heard as I got out of the car.

・・・・・・

"Is that your brother?" My attention was caught by a boy my age, nails painted in flamboyant colors as he licked his thin lips, eying down my boyfriend slash teacher.

"Nope, just my teacher." I answered with a perfectly believable pitch, staring at the way his eyes lit up, "Perfect. Just his looks are enough to get me over the edge, imagine being under him. He's loaded."

Is that what just happened?

I raised my brows involuntarily, a smirk perching on my lips as I nodded in agreement, walking away but deciding to bestow the boy one last amused look.

"That he is, I can assure you of it."

It was an open competition, one competitor from each school with bells on each table. The competition wasn't any regular one, it was at a high level, the metallic manually installed tables aiding my theory. 8 individual questions and 2 bonus questions, first eight questions giving 4 points while the second last providing 15 and finally, 20.