fifteen

Aegon was pathetic. But even more so when he'd been left with a taste of Alyssa he couldn't rid himself of. He wanted her so bad it made him look stupid.

There was no shame in it. The way he followed her like a little puppy, trying to get her alone. That was the epitome of their strange relationship ship, the conclusion. That she wanted him. Would take care of him, was on his side.

All of the signs pointed to it. Aegon was finally feeling happy, somewhat contented. He just needed her.

Alyssa stopped. She stopped everything. Acknowledging him, smiling at him, looking at him. As if nothing had ever happened.

As if she'd never visited him that night in his chambers. Hadn't saved him from the Street of Silk and called him a sweet boy.

That had always been the plan. And to watch Aegon's mind reel with the sudden switch was extremely sweet. Worth the months of work. Alyssa had almost been at court for a year. She'd told her father she was close to ruining him.

Aegon's mind worked for a reason. A reason for the sudden change. The sudden change that made him feel worse pain than any time his mother slapped him. It was worse.

He came up with the fact that maybe Alyssa was honourable. Despite all that he'd heard. And she wouldn't engage in any activity unless it was with a husband.

Poor Aegon couldn't know that he was so far from the truth. That Alyssa had been bedded by squires and servants. He simply wasn't worth it. Aegon didn't deserve to feel pleasure from her.

So when Aegon went to his ailing father, bypassing his mother, and begged and pleaded to be married to Alyssa, she knew it was time.

Lest Viserys actually grant the request and push past Daemon, which could feasibly be a possibility. Viserys had a habit of doing things like that.

Alyssa wrote to her father and told him she needed out. That she'd done such a good job at making Aegon her bitch he wanted to marry her. Daemon needed to send the letter telling his brother he was forcing Alyssa on a tour to look at the proposals for her hand.

The King wouldn't be able to deny that. And he was so ill that he probably wasn't lucid enough to know it. The Greens were eager to get her out of court as well, so they would make sure it happened.

When the letter arrived, as Alyssa expected, she was summoned to the King's chambers. Still a little lucid and laying in bed, Alyssa approached the side and bent down so he could see her.

"I've received the letter from your father, dear girl. And as much as it saddens me to see you go, it is not my place to stand in the way of a prosperous match for you. Your presence has brought me great joy here and I know you will find a good husband."

It seemed Aegon's pleading might've fallen on deaf ears. Viserys didn't even bring it up to Alyssa. She smiled and kissed her uncle on his good cheek.

"Thank you, uncle. This opportunity has been wonderful. But we both know I must marry eventually." Alyssa hugged him once more, knowing she wasn't intending to even find a match. It was just a tour to get her away from court.

Alyssa said farewell to her uncle, her things already packed. If Alyssa cared at all about him, she would've said goodbye to Aegon. But that was a special torture.