I TWO I

A R I A  S A N T I A G O

A R I A S A N T I A G O

||

The morning was the most brutal for me. I know now that I'm older I should enjoy my mornings but I did not. I hated the mornings with a passion, the morning was for the people that didn't have much going on per say, the night everyones secrets were uncovered.

This morning I was being dragged out my bed to get ready for Maria's ribbon ceremony for her new restaurant that Sergio funded for her. Especially after working a late night shift filled with depressed drunk men, and others trying to bite off more than they can chew.

" Aria get up I need you there with me. This is technically our restaurant. Alza il culo grasso" Maria sighed as she pulled me towards the restroom. I looked at her with a glare, she let my leg go her lips curving into a smile. Get your fat ass up.

" You know between you and Sergio, I think theres a reason he is my favorite." I remarked, pulling myself to my feet I started to get myself ready for this Ceremony.

" I'd like to let you keep believing that lie. I'll be waiting in the living room when you're ready." Maria chimed making me roll my eyes as I closed the bathroom door in her face.

||

F E W  H O U R S  LA T E R

The endless applause met with the music sounding throughout the building. It was beautiful to say the least. The dining area was decorated with the most expensive furniture outlined in white and gold. Along with the live band stage was massive, not to mention the kitchen was absolutely gorgeous.

" You're gonna catch flys if you keep your mouth open for that long amor." Sergio's husky voice sounded in my ears snapping me out of my small trance of awe, receiving a eye roll towards him.

" Sai che ho dovuto fare le cose in grande per le mie ragazze preferite." Sergio wrapped his arms around my waist bringing me in for a tight hug and a pro-long kiss on my cheek. You know I had to go big for my favorite girls.

" Sergio this is a lot. It's beautiful though, me and Maria really appreciate this." I smiled as I looked back at him.

It wasn't long before I was smooshed from the front either. Maria's floral perfume took over as she invited herself into the small bear hug.

" I felt left out. Sergio's always trying to steal you away from me." Maria frowned as her head laid behind between my breast. I laughed as the two bickered back and forth.

" I swear you guys act like you're my children and you're older than me." Our laughs sounded throughout the restaurant causing a few looks but of course we didn't care.

We were known to always be seen together. It was rarely any few times where it was just one of us alone. We always kept it that way, knowing Sergios line of work and my apparent dealings with the Lombardi's we were easy targets. As well as Maria, though her husband was affiliated with The Lombardi's her restaurant was also used to smuggle their inventory.

She knew what that life came with but she easily accepted it. Her words being, though our life's aren't chosen we all die in the end. Live on the edge and make it memorable so when your life plays through before you take your last breath. You crack a small before your soul leaves your body.

It wasn't long before the after party rolled around. The venue was big, filled with the richest of men and women of course with their kids that were of age to be brought into the lifestyle that many of them were brought up into themselves.

Yet, Lombardi parties were legendary. My " going away" party was a sight to see. Though I still lived within the area I was his oldest that was leaving the nest and making something of myself without his money, of course he thought that was something to celebrate.

Maria and Sergio went about their way to mingle and greet everyone who they missed at the ribbon ceremony. Meanwhile I sat at the bar observing everyone.

Every girl who despised me for being a token of the Lombardi's though there was no relation whatsoever. The men who despised the fact that they couldn't get their filthy hands on me, knowing that I was protected and spoken for. Though they never caught my eye , nor have I been bothering to look either.

There was a small tap on my shoulder causing me to turn around towards the bar. The bartender smiled and slid another glass of the wine I recently ran out of in my hand.

" Oh thank you, you've been watching my glass haven't you?" I laughed lightly, causing the bartender to let out a small laugh as well.

" Well aside from being my favorite person in this place, I'm not the only one that's been watching your glass either." He smiled and quickly glanced over. I followed that glance meeting eyes with a similar face.

Seemed a bit young to be here, let alone sending me drinks from the bar but there is no limit to alcohol when you're involved in any mafia around here.

I sent him a small smile and took the glass between my fingers. The napkin below had writing , that I hadn't noticed.

'Ricordi quando non potevo offrirti da bere' Remember when I couldn't buy you a drink?