Chapter 3

Chapter 3

The moment I woke up I just laid there thinking about everything that happened to us. I looked over at Sabrina and April who were sound asleep dreaming.

As I shook the thoughts from my head I somehow managed to get up off the floor and got dress for work. I know it's a bad idea to go to work but I need the money so I can finally travel around the world.

Once I finished getting ready I left a note telling the girls I went to work. I left the house and made my way down the street that led to an alley way. My heart would beat fast every time I walked down this alley, but it was the only way to get to work.

As I got to the end, I turned right and walked past a couple of stores before walking into the cafe. I made my way to the back and clocked in before going back up to the front to start taking orders from the customers. It seemed the only thing on my mind was Carter and his crew.

If I would have stayed home that night I wouldn't be standing here zoned out thinking of him. I must've been zoned out for a while cause I got snapped out of it by my boss yelling at me and pointing to the long line forming. My brain went into work mode as soon as I started taking orders. It didn't take long till the orders were placed and I was told to start taking the food out to the customers.

As I was about to put the tray down I saw Carter and his crew walk in. I had almost dropped the tray, but put it down just in time as I could hear them laughing and talking about me. Letting out a soft breath, I simply blew them off for the time being and walked to the back to grab my notepad.

My breathing somewhat picked up and my heart began to race as soon as I realized I had to take their orders since I was the only waitress on this shift. I took a few deep breaths and walked out to their table, which made me more nervous and shaky by the moment. The only thing that passed through my brain was

Why me?

Why did I have to have the early shift with these guys I don't even have a word for them.

They're just overall really dangerous and bad people. I mean some have soft sides, or so I've heard, but them?

I seriously had second thoughts on it and I somewhat doubt that any of them have a soft side.

Coming out of my thoughts I approached their table and flipped open my notepad, building up a small wall of confidence.

"What can I get for you guys?" I spoke looking at all of them with a fake smile.

Carter just simply looked at me with that same infamous smirk plastered on his face before speakOMG ever so cockily "Since when have you worked here huh?"

I swear this boy might as well suck cock he's so cocky and to be honest it pisses me off more than drawing my attention.

"I've worked here longer than you've ever had a job," I spoke through gritted teeth making him glare at me. "....now what can I get for you guys?" "You better watch your attitude bitch I shouldn't have to warn you on what will happen if you don't...." He shot back out of anger an obvious offense. "....now if your pretty little self doesn't mind I would like a cup of coffee and a number one and scramble the eggs." Hesmirked and closed his menu as the other guys ordered and not another word was spoken between Carter and I as I snatched the menus from him and walked back to the kitchen to place the order.

As I waited for them to cook the food, I stayed back in the kitchen with my arms crossed as I was obviously infuriated with the conversation that I just had with Carter.

Eventually I had to take other plates to other people and it was slowly driving me insane as I felt his eyes burning holes through me. His eyes seemed to watch my every move like an animal stalking its prey.

No more than a few moments later their food was ready. I swiftly grabbed their plates and made my way over to their table practically throwing their plates at them yet it was controlled and smooth. I couldn't help the small smirk that formed on my face as they jumped some showing they were a tad bit shocked and maybe even scared.

Turning back around I walked away not caring to acknowledge them but over hearing their soft whispers making me laugh a little hearing things like "damn" and "I thought she was going to throw that at me."

After they left my mood seemed to calm and I was much more cheerful and happy. The rest of my shift went pretty smooth anod I was even more delighted when it was over and it was finally time to go home.