Are you a virgin?

The alleyway was dark, rubbish bags piled on either side like daunting, decomposing barriers. You were careful to avoid them; god knows what was in there after all. Hopefully it was just rotting food and stuff, but no doubt there were more disturbing things shoved into those plastic bags... you shivered. Dead bodies weren't uncommon in the heart of the city; there was a new murder story on the news every day. But the people just got on with it, and you were no exception.

"Where the hell am I?" You muttered, irritated. You had taken this alleyway because it looked like a shortcut to your new apartment, but had instead become lost in a maze of abandoned walkways. Great. Fan-fucking-tabulous.

"Hey sexy, where're ya heading?" Someone's ragged tones snapped you from your daydream, and you spotted a man leaning against the wall a few yards away. He wore ripped, baggy jeans and a long t-shirt and black hoodie; the hood stretched over an oversized baseball style cap.

"Nowhere with you." You answered bluntly, and without pausing in your stride you carried on past him, but yelped in surprise as a hand closed around your wrist and dragged you backwards; slamming you against the wall. The unknown man grinned as he ran his gaze over your body with a lusty expression; and a thought crossed your mind that you might become the next murder topic in the daily news. Like fuck I'm going down without a fight! You raised your knee and caught the man in the gut, making him retreat a few paces.

"A girl with spirit, we might not kill you after all." As he spoke, a dozen more men emerged from the shadows, seemingly from nowhere. "You'd be a great addition to our team. Whaddya say?"

"Like hell!" The ring leader grinned and you noticed his canines were unusually sharp, and his eyes glinted with a disturbing red glow. Who -or rather- what were these people?!

"I think you noticed pretty girl, but we're not human. At least, not anymore! We're what you humans call... vampires." His voice was confident, and due to the circumstances; you couldn't help but believe him. Even though you desperately wanted to believe these guys were just punks looking for a fight. Vampires weren't real, like werewolves, witches, fairies- they were just made up... right?

"But vampires aren't real..." You uttered in disbelief; though you didn't really believe your own words.

"If that's what you wanna believe cutie, then go ahead." The man grinned manically, showing extraordinarily sharp canines that were flesh-piercingly sharp. There's no fucking way I'm dying like this! You thought with a fierce burst of rebellion, curling you hand into a fist and striking at the ring leader. Your blow collided with his jaw, sending him spinning into the brick wall; the other gang members staring in temporary shock. You didn't wait to find out what they were going to do. You turned tail and ran, skidding round corners and splashing through puddles. Your heart thundered against your ribs, almost painfully so. Your head throbbed and your throat was dry, your skin cold and dotted with the raindrops that were falling; sparse at first, then heavier as you ran onwards.

"Find that bitch! I want her! Do not kill her!" Orders echoed through the labyrinth of alleyways, muffled by the downpour. You strived to run faster, but your thighs were burning with fatigue and your vision was blurred. Suddenly there was laughing behind you, deafeningly close. You felt a rush of air inches away from your skull and saw a bottle smash in the ground in front of you. You halted and crossed your arms over your face, cringing when you felt shards of hardened sand rip through your clothes and shred your flesh. Warm blood seeped through your wounds, but you kept running. If you stopped and they caught up... you were dead. Simple as. You couldn't stop, never! You had to get away, just turn left now and-

Dead end.

There was nowhere to go.

The crazed laughing drew closer and you realised this was the end.