II

Cyan

I jolted up out my sleep hearing my alarm going off before looking for my phone to turn it off. Finally finding it I see it's 5am and I groan as I get up.

Luckily, this apartment came with speakers hooked up throughout the house so as soon as I cut on my playlist you could hear H.E.R playing throughout the house.

say, why i'm looking that way
you ain't do nothing wrong, i'm wilding

I went into the bathroom to use it and brushed my teeth and washed my face before walking out.

it's five, i waited up last night
said you got too high, i'm tired

I went into my closet getting my clothes out for the day and finding an all black lululemon set to throw on so I could run down the the gym before starting my day.

so you want me to give you honesty
you said you wanted every piece of me

I got dressed and made me a protein smoothie before
switching my music over to my airpods and grabbing my keys to leave.

you don't want to hear me out tonight
i'll just turn around and say goodnight

As I left out my door and walked into the elevator the words of the song started sinking in. It perfectly described the relationship I just got out of with my insecure ass controlling ass ex.

you don't feel a way
you're gone away
you don't listen
you promise it wouldn't change
you stayed the same
but it's different
we were much happier when
it was always happy endings

Before the song could keep going I switched over to my beyoncé playlist. I didn't have time to be in my feelings today let alone this early and Bey always puts me in workout mode.

The elevator stopped on the second floor where the gym, the dog grooming station and other amenities were. I walked out the elevator and down the hall to the gym seeing it was nearly empty aside from like 3 people, one of them being Ryan.

I acted like I didn't see her as I went over to the yoga mats to stretch. Last time I tried just working out I pulled a muscle and was sore for 2 weeks, never again.

I finished up my stretch before heading to the treadmills, still trying to act as if I didn't see her. She had no problem staring and letting me know she saw me though.

~ 1 Hour Later ~

I was sitting on one of the benches putting my stuff back in my gym bag after finally finishing up my workout when it was just me and Ryan left in here. She wouldn't stop looking over at me and before I could even stop myself, the words just flew out.

"Damn, can I help you?"

I instantly widened my eyes and covered my mouth with my hands. I dropped them then turned to her, "I'm so sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude but you've been staring this whole time and it's making me a little uncomfortable" i said in a much nicer way.

"My bad, ma. You just look familiar and I been trying to pinpoint where I know you from" she said chuckling.

"Trust me, I don't think we've met before" i said laughing to myself a little bit.

I would've been hunched if we did.

"Something funny?" she asked raising her eyebrow making me look back up at her.