12| moving on & up

warning: sexual content

A MONTH LATER

Erica smiled as she finished her last piece for the installation. After her conversation with Joshua she realized she wasn't blocked. The answer was right in front of her. So her next collection would be: heartbreak hotel.

Everything was flowing in the way she wanted to. She was still in therapy and had even been out with her friends more often. Basketball season was right around the corner and her mind rarely wandered to Joshua.

Letting her final canvas dry Erica picked up her phone for the first time in three hours. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw the plethora of text messages from Deja and Carter. But one stood out, from Melo.

MELO

yo, please tell me this ain't what I think it is?!

Erica clicked on the link he sent. Her eyes widened as a picture from last month with her and Josh in the park surfaced.

LOOKS LIKE STAR BASKETBALL PLAYER, JOSH CHRISTOPHER, AND HIS SECRET BATTERED GIRLFRIEND, ERICA THOMPSON, FALL APART IN THE PARK!

"What the actual fuck!" Erica shouted running a hand over her face.

Clicking on her friend's group chat she hit the FaceTime button. Immediately Deja and Carter popped on the screen.

"I guess the cat is out of the bag." Deja said worriedly.

"They got the story so wrong. Like I look fucked up because I didn't sleep! And why would they mention I was a battered woman!?" Erica screamed into the phone.

"My sister is a lawyer. I can get her to look into this 'blog' because using that word should definitely be defamatory!" Carter added.

"I have an art show coming up next weekend. I don't need this type of publicity! On top of that my domestic abuse story should not be in the headlines like that. I should have autonomy over my truth. Not these fake ass blogs!"

Meanwhile, Josh took another shot of tequila. Jalen read over the blog post. Shaking his head he took a shot himself.

"I'm extremely confused," Jalen spoke handing Joshua his phone.

"You're confused! I'm confused!" Josh shouted causing a few heads in the club to look at them.

After a team practice they all decided to go out. During the off-season Josh had gotten more popular. More publicity, more headlines, more drama.

"I'd suggest you take to your lawyer on how to handle this. Don't make any rash statements. You don't want more heat than necessary." Jalen pressed him.

Josh shook his head. His head began spinning from all the shots. His impulsive behavior began to come out. The side of him he wanted to hide from everyone for so long.

"I should've just told her how I felt." He said.

"You could still do that. Look I know you went from the bottom to the top within a year but don't let your ego get in the way."

Josh waved his hand, "She probably don't even want to see me."

"Bro go pull up on her then."

Josh was about to respond when his phone pinged. He groaned when a text from Melo came through.

MELO

When I see you it's on sight!! 

"Looks like I'm not doing shit!" Joshua said clicking his phone off.

Erica jumped hearing loud knocks on her door. Turning the lock she was surprised to see Joshua through the peephole.

"What are you doing here?" Erica asked pulling him inside. She checked the hallways to make sure no one saw him.

"I came to see you. Come here." Josh's sexy voice was on now.

"Josh, are you drunk?" Erica questioned him crossing her arms over her chest. 

"A little bit but I'm sober enough to know that I fucked up." Josh came closer to her. 

Erica backed up trying to put some distance between them. She felt her back hit the front door. Josh smirked knowing he had her cornered. A blush crept up her neck. Her body was already hot. She cursed knowing her body would betray her mind. 

"Has anyone touched you since the last time we did it?" Josh questioned running his hand from her forehead to her neck and stopping to squeeze it lightly. 

Erica shook her head no. Their lips were almost touching. Erica leaned forward to connect to him but Joshua moved his face. 

"Good because soon enough everyone will know that you're mine." With the last word in Joshua connected their lips. 

Erica moaned at his touch. It had been weeks since she felt his touch. She missed it. Josh deepened the kiss dragging his hand from her back to her ass. Erica moved them from her front door to her bedroom. 

The minute he slid into her he was on the verge of cumming. He moaned in her ear. Erica scratched at his back. Her legs wrapped around his torso. He kissed her throughout making sure to keep a steady pace. 

"Oh shit. Keep going." Erica moaned feeling her legs begin to shake.

Josh kissed her neck. Erica felt herself tighten against him. Her whole body shook feeling her orgasm creep up. Josh was still going moaning in her ear. He kissed her lips the minute he came. 

"I love you." 

Erica's eyes opened as Joshua looked down at her. He pulled out cumming on her stomach. Her heart squeezed at his words. She couldn't tell if it was his real feelings, the alcohol, or his post-nut clarity. Fuck it.

"I love you too."

authors note:

okay he said the 'L' word

vote and comment

sorry for errors