❝before you read❞

if you are reading this story on fanfiction.net, or any fanfiction or publishing sight that is not wattpad, it is not supposed to be there. if you're reading this there, it is stolen material and i am not getting any of the credit. instead, head over to wattpad and find it to read legally and with my consent. if you didn't know about this, fanfiction.net steals wattpad stories and puts them up without authors' consent. if that's where you get your reading material, please find another source. wattpad, tumblr, and ao3 are both good options where you can read original work. there are several petitions you can sign to get this story taken down from the website and i encourage you to sign one of those. THIS IS A WATTPAD STORY AND DOES NOT BELONG TO FANFICTION.NET OR ANY OTHER PLATFORM. thank you!

warnings
there will be warnings at the beginning of chapters with particularly triggering topics and graphic descriptions, along with a summary of the chapter available at the end if you need to skip that the chapter because of content. this list includes general warnings for the entire book.

this story contains descriptions of blood, violence, severe injury, and death, in some cases gruesome or graphic.
there are descriptions and situations that could be considered body horror.
there are mentions of trauma, non-graphic abuse, and gender dysphoria.
there is implied alcohol use.
there is some light language, but it is censored where possible.

dedications

azalyme is one of my biggest supporters and also made several versions of the stunning cover and some character art!

boombams made some gorgeous art of our protagonist, riven faing!

arlixrivers also made a drawing of riven and is one of my biggest supporters.

lucien_prince_of_gay is a phenomenal person in general and his comments make my day.

i love you all so much <333

all art is located in the art chapter!