no sanctuary

"ALL RIGHT," Daryl peered out the small crack in the door, "we got four of them pricks coming our way."

They stood up, walking to the door.

"All right, you know what to do." Rick wrapped the chain to the pocket watch around both hands, pulling it tightly. "Go for their eyes first."

They had spent hours creating makeshift weapons with whatever they had or could find in the train car. Willow used her shoe strings to grind away at some of the wood on the inside of the car, peeling off a large and sharp enough piece to use. 

"Put your backs to the walls on either end of the car now!" A man shouted at them from outside the car.

They stood their ground in front of the door, waiting for it to open. They heard the grinding of metal, but it wasn't the door. They looked up as the train car lit up, a metal hatch being opened above them, an object dropping down into the car. 

"Move!" Abraham shouted.

Everyone dove to either end of the car as the metal canister exploded, releasing a horrible gas that burned their eyes and closed their throats.

The train car door opened, a tall figure stepping inside and grabbing a few of them. Willow stumbled against the heavy grip on her arm, her eyes flushed with tears, her vision blurry. She groaned as she was thrown to the ground on the outside of the car, Rick fumbling to the ground beside her. He made an attempt to get up, but the man that had grabbed them kicked him in his face, Rick immediately losing consciousness. She watched as Daryl and Glenn got pulled out too, the men dragging them into a warehouse. 

Willow began to stand, but she too began to get dragged along with them. She squeezed her hands shut in attempt to feel around for the wood she had in her hand, but she must have dropped it against the fall. Her boots scuffed against the ground as the man kept her moving, another coming up and tying a cloth around her mouth. She fought against them, but stopped once she got into the warehouse. Her eyes went wide as she looked around, mostly focusing in on a man sawing away at a body on a large metal table. The sound of the electric saw the men were using buzzed in he ear as she continued to be dragged along. 

The man threw her onto her knees in front of a metal drainage basin beside three other men she didn't recognize, Glenn, Rick and Daryl joining her shortly after with their wrists tied and cloths in theirs mouths too. Her wrists burned as the man bounded them together with zip ties, tightening them as much as they could.

She watched as two men went to the start of their line, one wielding a metal bat and the other a long, serrated knife. A blonde man was knelt in front of them, his eyes wide with horror. The man with the bat took a solid swing at the back of the blonde's head, knocking him out immediately, the other man jerking his head back and slitting his throat. The blonde's body fell forward, his head dangling into the basin as his blood began to drain. 

Before she could even process it, they moved onto the second man, his blood pouring out of the large gash against his throat. Willow looked down, the blood slowly flowing further down the basin and into the drain at the end of it. She shut her eyes, her body shaking as the next man in line took the hit.

"Hey, guys, what were your shot counts." Gareth entered the room with a notepad. 

"38." The man with the bat responded, bashing the head of the man next to Willow. She felt the blood splatter on her skin as they slit his throat, throwing his head down into the drain.

She looked at Daryl beside her, waiting for the bat to strike. Their eyes were glazed and hazy, knowing they wouldn't be able to get out of this. She could hear the man wind up, about to swing, but Gareth interrupted.