- 8 - Broken bones and memories

Monday

March 21 2022

Seoah was both nervous and excited. As the face of the group, now would be her time to shine, at a variety show, Weekly Idol to be more specific.

The five girls were standing by the 'backstage' area, which was a space just outside the filming setup. With its curved and blinding white walls. It looked different in real life than on the TV.

The host Kwanghee was standing in the middle of the room, having a conversation with the director.

Seoah was looking around for Eunhyuck, since he and Kwanghee were the current hosts for the show, but no sign of the Super Junior guy was seen. You could say Seoah was a fan and really wished to meet him.

"Ey, runaway girl" she then heard someone calling.

She turned around and saw the one and only Mark Lee coming her way.

"Dude, what's with the name?" She asked him as he came up next to her. She gave him a soft nudge with her shoulder against his.

"You called me Markus though," he argued and looked at her with disbelief.

"That was days ago," she said and shrugged, amazed he even remembered that. "What are you doing here though?" She then asked him with a perplexed expression.

"I'm a guest host," he replied.

"Eunhyuck's not coming?" She asked, or more like assumed. Bummer.

"No, he had some conflicting schedule" he informed her.

Seoah nodded. Then Jaehyun entered too and they all greeted each other.

"You're a guest host too?" Naeun asked him.

"Yeah," he answered her.

Naeun once again showed off her sibling relationship to the NCT members as they spoke to the two boys. Jaehyun especially she knew like a brother. He'd been taking care of her a lot during their trainee days.

After talking for a few minutes the boys were called out by Kwanghee to start filming. They did the intro, talked a bit about last week's episode, and went ahead to talk a bit about today's group.

"Let's welcome NCT's newest unit, NCT GG" Kwanghee said at last and the five girls entered.

They lined up next to each other before they did their greeting."To the world NCT, hello we are NCT GG" they introduced themselves to the camera.

"Ah it's the classic one," Kwanghee said. "How do you guys feel seeing them do your introduction?" he then asked Mark and Jaehyun.

"It feels a bit weird actually," Mark said but showed a smile.

"I feel like a proud father," Jaehyun stated with a gleam in his eyes.

"A proud father you say?" Kwanghee repeated Jaehyun's words.

"Yes," he nodded as he replied.

"I'm also very proud of them" Mark added. "They all have very good qualities and are good representatives of NCT," He explained.

"Why do you sound so formal? Like honey, relax" Seoah said to him, finding his way of expressing his thoughts very weird.

"What are you trying to imply?" Mark asked, continuing to sound way too formal.

"What I'm trying to imply," Seoah began speaking, copying Mark. "Is that you sound like our manager, or someone trying to promote us like a product, or like on a job interview" She explained. "You're so Eloquent," she finally found the right term to describe him.