Chapter 12: My Bike

~Syn~

Who does he think he is banging on my door like that!?

And, Thank fuck, James isn't here. I wouldn't be awake much longer if he was.

I manage to pry my eyes open so I can see, and see Amy sniffle and wipe her face before she then gets up and heads for the door.

"What are you doing?" I grumble.

"Letting them In, so -" She starts.

"No! Jace can come in if the fucking arsehole pisses off. Otherwise, under no circumstances are you to let anyone in this house. Do you understand me, Amy? Just tell them to fuck off. I'm gonna have a quick shower, and get ready for school, then we will leave, OK?" As I move to sit up, I notice my arm and leg feel heavy, "You put the boot and wrist things on. How did you -"

"Sasha said that's where she believed the breaks were, everything else is just fractured so you need to be super careful." I give her a look like it's not me that isn't. "Yeah. Yeah. I know... You might have a couple of fractures on your jaw too, we're surprised it didn't break, or that he didn't kill you." How did she- "We saw the blood on the bat before you ask how I knew."

"Fine. Just don't let -"

"Yes, Syn. I won't let them in. Only Jace if the butthead goes away." I roll my eyes. She is so cute sometimes. I know I swear like a trooper, but I don't want her swearing and I let her know it's bad, so her word changes can be adorable. She goes to the window and opens it, while I pull myself up off the floor.

"Syn told me to tell you to..." She hesitates and looks at me so I say.
"Fuck off. Tell him to fuck off!"
"No. I don't want to say that..." See!? Bless her sweet little heart. But I'm frustrated, pissed off and in serious fucking pain.

"Then tell him whatever, just get rid of him!"

"She said go away. She's just getting ready for school. We will be there soon." She tells him, and I hear the dick growl as I start up the stairs. Or hobble is more like it.

"SYN!" He roars. I wish he would stop shouting my fucking name. He's giving me a fucking headache.

I ignore him and keep making my way up the stairs, only half paying attention to their conversation. When I hear him ask her about being upset, I'm not worried. She knows not to tell anyone shit about us. And I think she might have a little crush on Jace, so I'll have to watch her with him. Plus, I kind of have one on him myself.

I laugh when Jace picks up on the word change and am happy that he's sweet to Amy. It just makes me like him more. Then she's about to agree and let Jace in!

"Amy!" I shout, reminding her that the arsehole has to leave first. I have to groan when she tells them that and calls him an annoying man. More like a pathetic boy that only thinks with his dick.

I then have to put my hand over my face to stop the snorting laugh that wants to burst free, when she calls Fate a meanie.

They both try to persuade her to let them in but the good girl she is, tells them no. Then I hear him threaten Amy and I want to go out there and kick his arse, which is what Amy tells him I'll do, which I fucking will!

As soon as I'm up to it, that is. In a few hours, I'll be fine, I'm sure.

She slams the window shut as I climb the stairs quicker, in order to threaten Fate myself, but I hear the bang on the door and the squeak of surprise Amy lets loose.

Now, I'm really pissed. I'm almost to the window when I hear Jace trying to get him away from the house, but Fate roars my name. Again. I push open the window, knowing they can't see me from up here at least.