10. trauma and talent

*re-edited*

"HELP ME!" Gregor screamed, the attention returning to him

"HELP ME!" Gregor screamed, the attention returning to him. Tears streamed down Agatha's innocent face as she watched, her bloody hands covering her mouth. She held Valerie in her lap, attempting to find the source of the bleeding. Valerie groaned as she turned her head to look at Gregor, sorrow filling her pounding head as she clung to the broken shards of her dagger. 

Gregor cried, reaching out for Agatha and Valerie as his body was blasted into back dust. The whole forest was erupting in turmoil, with birds flapping and screeching, animals growling, trees splintering. 

Agatha cried in tune with them, a mournful melody as the lightning churned into a gust of green leaves. Valerie sealed her eyes, her face apathetic compared to Agatha's. Although any villain taught to keep their emotions inside could see that she was basically crumbling. That was not how her day was supposed to go, and the pain which electrified every part of her body didn't help.

Energy thrummed through the air, a static noise building up. Silence ensued. Agatha broke it as she hyperventilated with tears streaming down her blushed cheeks. Sticks and leaves had flown into her hair, although Valerie didn't look any better. 

The energy faded, leaving behind the forest as it was before. The animals calmed and continued as though nothing had happened. Agatha's breath trembled, her soft plea of "Gregor" making Valerie close her fist around the dagger. 

She hummed in pain, opening her shaking to see jagged cuts which bled out onto her already-blooded clothes. She looked up at Agatha, not letting her emotions out, but both staring into each other's eyes.  

However, suddenly there was a crack, and Tedros appeared behind a tree. "Where's Gregor?" He asked in search of his cousin, explaining how he'd heard a crash. Agatha stared at him, unable to form sentences from her shock. 

He looked from the Ever to the Never, immediately noticing how the two girls were covered in blood. He rushed over, ripping off a piece of his shirt to use as a bandage for Valerie's hands, which were ripped like ribbons.

His dark eyes left her hands to look around for the cause of her bleeding head. He soon sourced the damage and bandaged that up too. The blood that covered Valerie and Agatha was actually extremely cold, not surprising when he thought of Valerie's parents.

He then looked for the cause of her inflicted wounds, noticing the shattered golden blade. He sighed, guessing how much it meant to her by how often she used it. He collected the pieces in another strip of his shirt, pulling Valerie up and helping her back to the gates. 

...

"Every villain has a special talent," Lesso taught, the classroom hushed. Valerie had been taken to the hospital wing where infuriated fairies had stitched her up. They were surprised when she didn't flinch at their brutal needling. She had returned past curfew, the guards stepping back when she flickered her radiant eyes at them.