38

"There they are. We should go to them."
Spider spoke to me, urging me forward with his hands. There in the center of the village, the chief and the Sully's family sat awaiting the people.

"Yes, go." I whispered, walking quickly in front of him.

The edge of the weaved flooring clung to my feet, I could not move any further. There I stood at the edge of the hut, awaiting their approval. Spider stood next to me, cleaning his throat loudly. I felt his fingers laying on the small of my back, ready to introduce our conversation.

"Chief, Jake." Spider said, bowing his head before the chief of their village. Tonowari.
His long hair whipped in our direction, slapping against his skin as he raised his hand to his forehead, signaling peace.

"Spider!" A young blue Na'vi yelled. His face seemed to light up at the sight of the boy next to me, before looking in my direction.  His eyes dropped in color, a soul he has yet to encounter standing in his home.

"You are with her?" He asked, walking over to our bodies side by side. Placing his hand in front of my body, he shielded me from the boy. His wet hair flung as he walked, beads clacking around his body. He wore traditional clothing, bands around his arms and waist. Muscular shaped, lean and very intimidating.

"Neteyam." Spider spoke, offering his free hand to the boy. A silent shake of their hands and Spider removed his blockade from my body.

"I am Grey. Neteyam?" I cleared my throat. The intimidating look of the boy's yellow eyes shot through my mind, clearing my thoughts in an instant. He was not angry, but curious.

"Yes, Neteyam. Why are you here Grey?" Neteyam questioned, ignoring the calls from his father, he did not want his son near us. A traitor, a killer. Deep down, Jake was afraid of what this would bring, war and sorrow.

"Sir, I am here only to protect you. We were sent to clear out the village. Call your people, tell them I am sparing them."  I cleared my throat again, loudly. Looking past the eyes of Neteyam, I was met with the booming sight of Jake Sully. The others crowded, holding large  weapons.

"You are from the Demon Ship, you do not spare our people." Ronal came loudly, pushing Neteyam quickly out of the way. The chief watched as his wife began to speak clearly to me.

"Call the people." She ordered, waving a hand to her mate as her eyes looked deeply into my thoughts, my heart and mind.
"She is here to tell the Sky People your village does not inhabit the Sully's. She will spare you. We do not have much time." Spider chimes in. He now stood in front of me, blocking me from the woman once again.

"Here are your people, tell them, woman!" The chief ordered against the tension of our meeting. Shades of blue poured into the hut, screaming and shouting with cries of war. There I stood, enraptured in their rage. Beautiful rage. Ronal turned her head slowly, body following. She faced the people, grabbing Spider and I each by the arm and holding us to them.

"My spirit sister and her baby have been murdered by the sky people!" She spoke, holding us. Ashamed.
Neither of our mouths dared to speak.

"This war has come to us!" The chief raged, signaling his people in cries of rage.

"Get your family out!" I whispered to Neteyam. He stood closely to me, watching shame spread across my body. With a nod, his hands grabbed a tall, lean woman. Her hair was short and she held a smaller child.

"Kiri, get Tuk out of here." He said, pointing to the edge of the hut. The young girl nodded, looking to me with angry eyes, she pulled against the child, urging away from the crowd.
"Lo'ak!" Spider called against the eyes of Neteyam.